All Windows Leak in 2010 Big Horn

gerry

Whether parked or traveling, every time it rains, water fills up the window tracks and spills over into the rv.:mad:

Cyncwby

I see you're in Nevada.......did you buy the rig at Johnnie Walker's RV in L.V.??? They are "supposed" to have a good service dept. The thing is brand new and it's an outright shame that ALL the windows leak, (great quality control) take it back for warranty work.

jbeletti

gerry,

You need to get your rig inspected by your dealer right away if all the windows are leaking. We won't be able to solve this one online.

While it is doubtful, since all windows are leaking, there's a chance that your weep holes are sealed. At the bottom channel of each window are weep holes. Please do a quick self inspection to make sure they are clear - then contact your dealer right away.

I am moving this thread to Bighorn Exterior. Please circle back to this thread there after you have found out more so you may share your learnings with others.

Thanks.

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Gerry,

I don't know if this is the answer or not but, for months I couldn't figure out why the windows in the Cyclone wouldn't lock. Every sliding window had a piece of black rubber attached to the track (I assume for transportation purposes??) that kept the window from seating properly. Luckily I never noticed water until the dealer ran the rig through their automatic RV wash. The loft got wet but we caught it quickly.

Hopefully it's something this simple.

gerry

We actually found this out while traveling east...far from our dealer in Nevada. All the weep holes are open, but it seems that the inside track has no weep hole to drain back to the outside track to get rid of the water.

I have an appointment with a Connecticut dealer on 7/6 - earliest he can take me.

gerry

Update - Windows no longer leak

We received very little help from the dealer in Connecticut. We assume it's because we didn't buy the unit there and also that it's the busiest time of year for them.

We contacted Heartland directly, made the trip to Indiana last week, and received immediate and thorough service. This is a great bunch of guys who know these units inside and out and obviously take pride in their work. The leaking windows were replaced. Every issue, no matter how small, was taken care of to our satisfaction.

Great job Heartland! I once again love my Bighorn 3670.

Cyncwby

Glad they fixed them for you .......BUT did they say why they were defective?? Obviuously you shouldn't have had to go through all of this to start with.

gerry

Actually, they did not say why the tracks filled up, but did say that by design, some water will get inside. I sure can't figure out why windows are designed to leak.

I agree, we should not have had to make that trip at our own expense, nor should we have so many issues with a brand new unit. Ironically, the CT dealer called yesterday to let me know that 3 windows he originally ordered came in!