Strange Electrical Device on Hot Water Heater

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I was de-winterizing my 07 3055 this morning and noticed a small box type device with wires coming out that was taped to the back of the Hot Water Heater. The tape has come loose and I can re-tape it but wondering what it is???/ Doug

jbeletti

Tim,

The device is the logic board for the water heater. It is usually taped on top of the water heater. I called Suburban and they suggest that if you can, to affix it to a nearby wall in that same area. Otherwise, I'd just resecure it to the top of the water heater case with some Gorilla Glue duct tape.

Jim

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Thanks Jim, I thought it might be something like that but wasn't sure, anyway will re-tape.../Doug

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From my experience with our previous TT, if you set-up and the water heater does not want to come on, check that module. If the tape looses it's stick, it can jiggle enough for the plug to disengage. On this 3670, the module was hanging free because the double-sided tape under the module and the piece of duct tape put on at the factory had both lost it. Used some carefully placed duct tape to secure it. Not too sure if there is enough slack in the wiring to move it to a wall for better mounting.