ice forming on fins inside frig

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I have ice forming on the bottom fourth of the cooling fins inside the frig starting above the little tray that is designed to catch watch running down the fins. The frig seems to be cooling okay and no liquids are freezing. Any ideas on what is happening?

SmokeyBare

Moisture is collecting on the fins and the source could be items put back in the Fridge wet. Like milk container that has set out for a little while and collected condensation... or a high humidity level in the air. Might try lowering the temperature setting on the Fridge one notch and see how it reacts.

Otherwise... darn thing is good and Cold ! :)

mjames19

I did the walk through on my 31QBS yesterday. I was told that the unit had only been operating for a couple of hours inside the facility. There was enough ice on the fins to prevent the little slide adjustment from moving. The sale is finalized but I won't be picking it up for another week.:( To my knowledge, there has never been any food in this fridge.

Which way do I have to move the slider to decrease the temperature?

I'm new to all these new fangled devices. My previous unit was a 1965 Winnebago travel trailer and it is still in good shape and everything works.

SmokeyBare

Try first moving the control on the top of the Fridge first. It's location on ours is to the right... next to the On/Off button and the Auto/Elec/Gas Button...

Lower the temp there first... and see if that takes care of the problem. Moisture in the air collects on the fins when they cool down....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I did the walk through on my 31QBS yesterday. I was told that the unit had only been operating for a couple of hours inside the facility. There was enough ice on the fins to prevent the little slide adjustment from moving. The sale is finalized but I won't be picking it up for another week.:( To my knowledge, there has never been any food in this fridge.

Which way do I have to move the slider to decrease the temperature?

I'm new to all these new fangled devices. My previous unit was a 1965 Winnebago travel trailer and it is still in good shape and everything works.

Move the slider down to increase the temperature inside the fridge. But first, try setting it in about the 3/4 upper position and using the LED selector switch to set it. Right now, mine is at that position and the selector is on the #3 position. Everything is good. When we first turn the fridge on, we'll set it to #5 until the temp drops and then move it down to #3. Get a small
thermometer to hang inside the fridge to check your temperature.

Alternative temperature check: If you open the beer and an icicle oozes out, it's too cold. If you open it and it shoots a stream at the ceiling, it's too warm.