Join us at the SC State Chapter Rally!

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Okay all you Heartland Owners, the South Carolina Rally is now officially taking shape. The rally will be held at Willow Tree Resort in Longs, SC (near Myrtle Beach) on October 2,3,4 2009.

To make reservations, contact Willow Tree Resort directly at:
Willow Tree Resort
520 Southern Sights Drive
Longs, SC 29568
866-207-2267 or 843-756-4334
www.willowtreerve.com
Make sure to tell them you are with the South Carolina Heartland Rally!
Rates are $43.00/night. If we have 10 reservations by Aug. 2 we will receive a discounted rate of $41.71/night.

This rally is open to all Hearland owners. You don't have to live in the beautiful state of SC to attend!

If you have any question please feel free to PM me! I look forward to seeing y'all!

Thanks,

Phil Smith :)
SC Heartland Chapter Leader

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok, signed up. My wife and I were just saying we needed to find a place to go in Oct.

Thanks for putting this together.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Ok, signed up. My wife and I were just saying we needed to find a place to go in Oct.

Thanks for putting this together.

Hey Larry You gonna try to camp on the same site with somwone in SC as well????:D:D

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself:)

SouthernNights

When I saw you had made a post, I thought maybe you were kicking me out of another site:eek:

Actually, my site is not within the the reserved sites for the rally. I do not like pull throughs so I got a site on the lake right next to the designated sites.

SouthernNights

Well, here we sit at Willow Tree resort.
We decided to spend a long weekend here. Plan on going to Bald Head Island tomorrow.

This place is beautiful. Almost too sterile. All the trees, grass and shrubs are manicured.

Internet is a little slow.
And be warned, if you like cable when you go csmping-you wont find it here. But trust me-you will not need it here. Lots to do and a great place to ride bikes

Great choice for the October rally.:)

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We have just made reservations, have been assigned site #48. Hope that Virginia chapter members are welcome:cool:. We will be coming from Hatteras following the Virginia rally.
Looking forward to meeting new friends and enjoying another Heartland rally.

davebennington

Hey Eric,

Did you find a place to stay on the way down? We will be there on Thursday or Friday. I have my reservations also it sounds like Phil the wagon master this year has a very interesting agenda for us. Maybe we can talk some others from Va to come down and join us at one of the finest well kept campgrounds we have ever stayed at.

Dave

Gary F

Reservation made and will be attending. I got the "official" Heartland Rally banner well protected and awaiting.

timdebs

Debbie and I (Tim) just made our reservation. We are on site #19 which is lake front, will be nice looking at lake from rear window, but we are close to rally group. I can not believe we have not stayed at this cg, it looks very nice.

SouthernNights

Debbie and I (Tim) just made our reservation. We are on site #19 which is lake front, will be nice looking at lake from rear window, but we are close to rally group. I can not believe we have not stayed at this cg, it looks very nice.

Glad someone else decided to stay on the lake with us-I was starting to feel like the lone stranger there.

Just be careful though-if a guy named KLINDGREN shows up-he might kick you out of your site:D:D:D

SouthernNights

No it isnt..it is a running joke from the campground in Hatteras accidently giving me his site when I made reservations.
Just having some fun. Read the previous posts.

timdebs

Glad to hear. Being we both have a Pinehurst he can come on in and feel right at home. I actually tried to get a site with a hot tube, but all were taken. That would be a first having a hot tube on our camping site. Did any heartlanders get a site with a hot tube?

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
South Carolina Heartland Owners Rally Agenda

2009 South Carolina Heartland Rally
Willow Tree RV Resort
520 Southern Sights Dr.
Longs, SC 29568
843-756-4334
www.willowtreervr.com

Hello South Carolina Rally goers! Our rally weekend is almost here so I thought I would provide some agenda details.

Friday Oct. 2
· Check in.
· Friday evening – Meet and greet around the campfire

Saturday Oct. 3
· Breakfast on your own
· 10:00 am – RV maintenance seminar at Camper Country in Myrtle Beach. (We will leave the campground at 8:45 am.)
· Optional – Wine Tour and tasting at La Belle Amie Winery for those not interested in RV maintenance.
· Lunch - On your own
· 3:00 pm – Social Gathering at the EZ-up tents. Bring your favorite beverage or bottle of wine to share with the group.
· 4:00 pm – Rally Chapter Meeting. We will need to discuss times and dates for our next rally gathering.
· 5:30 pm – Pot Luck Dinner. Bring your meat and a dish to pass.

Sunday Oct. 4
· Farewell Breakfast sponsored by Phil & Becky. Contributions welcome.
· Departures and farewells of new found friends

At last count, we have 10 campers attending. I will have to check with Willow Tree this week for any updates.

If anyone has EZ up awnings and can bring them that would be terrific. I will have one and I believe Gary F, will also be bringing one. Another one or two would really give us some extra space. Also folding tables will be needed and portable grills for the pot luck dinner.

We are looking forward to a great weekend and meeting many new friends. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me at philsmith10@yahoo.com or call me at 803-984-2231.

If you have not made your reservations yet and still want to attend, Please call Willow Tree and make your reservations ASAP. Also please email me so I get you on the roster.

Travel Safe and see you at Willow Tree RV Resort!

Phil

davebennington

Phil,

I will have door prizes provided by Jim Beletti and Heartland. Jim has sent a special surprise for the Wagon Master. I will also have Heartland Owners Club Kits for sale so if anyone is interested in joining the rally is a good place to do so, you get your membership plaque and you won't have to wait for shipping. Plus the Heartland Owners Club is a great deal with your membership you receive a free membership in Passport America.

Dave

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Glad someone else decided to stay on the lake with us-I was starting to feel like the lone stranger there.

Just be careful though-if a guy named KLINDGREN shows up-he might kick you out of your site:D:D:D
I have not been following this thread because I know I cannot make the South Carolina rally. Just read all the posts this morning.

No need to worry TimDeb. If I was able to make the rally I wouldn't want any site except SouthernNights. It's become tradition for me to kick him off a site.:D:D Right Larry??:D

Keith

timdebs

Larry, can not wait till this weekend! Enjoyed meeting you and Samantha this weekend. We do have friends coming with us this weekend in SOB but they are looking for a 5er. See you you Friday as soon as we can get there! Probably 5-7 pm