Cyclone 3912 in my sights!

Wallace

Hello
New to your forum and also new to the RV thing.
My wife and I have been looking at toy haulers and we think we have decided on a new 2009 3912.
Can anyone tell me if it is good bad or indifferent?
Also what should I expect to pay for one?
By the way I will get to fill out my bio but I am trying to gather as much info before I commit to the deal.
Thanks
Rick in Pa

jimtoo

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Owners Family. You will find a great bunch of people here and they have loads of information.

I have seen the Cyclones and can say they are well built unit. Some of the other owners will jump in here and give more information for you. Heartland is a great company and really stands behind their product.

I am also moving this thread over to the Cyclone area where maybe more Cyclone owners will see it.

Enjoy the forum and buy your Cyclone.

Jim M

jimtoo

Nope,,, your already there.....Thread has a redirect attached so you will automatically be taken to the correct place. Aren't computers wonderful??? or maybe its linuxxkidd who does the programming for us.

Jim M

tmax264

I am new to the RVing world also. I am also planning on buying a 3912 in September. I have been researching for the "perfect" toyhauler for a few years. I have looked a almost everyone either in person or on the internet. The 3912 came the closes to meeting my requirements. I will be modifiying it some. Probably take out the dining sofa and replacing with a table and two chairs and may take out the sleeper sofa and replace with two recliners. Good luck. I think you made a good decision on the 3912.

slb714

How long is the 3912? I have the 3914 and love it!!! I love the 14' Garage But i think I would rather the 12' and have the 2 more feet in the living area..hope you like it we are also new to rving and love it so far

truknutt

Committed Member
Looks like it's a done deal we will be picking it up a 1:00 on July 3rd from RV Wholesalers in Ohio:D

Good deal Wallace! How about signing up and joining us at the PA Chapter Rally in Pine Grove and show that thing off??! Here is a LINK to the basic info and than you can read all about our plans at this LINK.

Welcome to the Cyclone Clan!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Looks like it's a done deal we will be picking it up a 1:00 on July 3rd from RV Wholesalers in Ohio:D

Congratulations Wallace and welcome to the Heartland Family.

While this is a very exciting time for you I think you should be aware of something I heard just a couple of weeks ago. While Justin and I were camping in Elkhart at the Elkhart Campground in comes an older couple with a new fifth wheel. It was not a Heartland product but otherwise a nice unit. The couple were retrying the RV thing as they had an RV many years ago. Well the older fella came over and introduced himself, he was from Canada and on his way home. They picked up their unit at RV Wholesalers in Ohio. Well come to find out that they weren't given a very thorough run through of their new trailer. I ended up showing these people how to operate most of the systems. They said that they were rushed by the dealer and all but pushed off the lot. While quite happy with their unit they were less than impressed with the dealer. So my long winded advice to you is to do as much homework ahead of time as possible, get a PDI checklist available somewhere here on the forum and push back on the dealer to do a thorough job of showing you everythin, and I mean everything. Do not take anything for granted. And for the things that may get forgotten or overlooked please come back here, we have a lot of very knowledgeable people more than happy to lend a hand.

Before I go I need to mention the Heartland Owners Club. This is a very nice perk to have and encourage you to check it out. Also try to make it to local and national rallies as they are a super way to get to know all of us here on the forum and get to know even more about your rig.

Good luck,
Mark

combine_billy

I have taken the plunge and ordered a 3912. I do go ATV riding at Finger Lakes State Park in Columbia, MO a couple times a year. But what I will use it most for is hauling chuckwagon racing equipment. We do that a half dozen times a year. Hopefully I will have the new rig in time for our next race in July. We camp in the middle of pastures, so it is pretty rough camping conditions.

Wallace

I have looked at the get together in pine grove it will be real tight for us to make it....
Here is why...
I am a equipment dealer, we have entered our very busy season and hopefully we will continue our "very busy" season until the snow flys!
We do the local fair thing meaning I haul equipment to the fair and put it on display for people like yous to drool over:D
I finish up the same week your gathering is going on, maybe with the wife picking out this rig she will get the itch for us to go!:)

Wallace

How long is the 3912? I have the 3914 and love it!!! I love the 14' Garage But i think I would rather the 12' and have the 2 more feet in the living area..hope you like it we are also new to rving and love it so far
From the looks of things it is the same as yours just with a 12' garage

Wallace

Congratulations Wallace and welcome to the Heartland Family.

While this is a very exciting time for you I think you should be aware of something I heard just a couple of weeks ago. While Justin and I were camping in Elkhart at the Elkhart Campground in comes an older couple with a new fifth wheel. It was not a Heartland product but otherwise a nice unit. The couple were retrying the RV thing as they had an RV many years ago. Well the older fella came over and introduced himself, he was from Canada and on his way home. They picked up their unit at RV Wholesalers in Ohio. Well come to find out that they weren't given a very thorough run through of their new trailer. I ended up showing these people how to operate most of the systems. They said that they were rushed by the dealer and all but pushed off the lot. While quite happy with their unit they were less than impressed with the dealer. So my long winded advice to you is to do as much homework ahead of time as possible, get a PDI checklist available somewhere here on the forum and push back on the dealer to do a thorough job of showing you everything, and I mean everything. Do not take anything for granted. And for the things that may get forgotten or overlooked please come back here, we have a lot of very knowledgeable people more than happy to lend a hand.

Before I go I need to mention the Heartland Owners Club. This is a very nice perk to have and encourage you to check it out. Also try to make it to local and national rallies as they are a super way to get to know all of us here on the forum and get to know even more about your rig.

Good luck,
Mark

Mark thank you for the heads up, although new to the rv thing I will tell you I am not new to the trailer thing as I am a equipment and trailer dealer.
I do appreciate any and every piece of advice that you guys are will to share.
I have started my check list and I will also look for the pdf check sheet.
I do have a older brother that is a avid camper and we are composing a list.

beasleyrl

Wallace and Combine_billy -

You've made a great choice. We bought our 2009 3912 back in February 2008. We love it and have been very pleased with our dealer and Heartland. If you have any specific questions, we would be happy to assist.

trvlrerik

The cyclones triple axles really help when traveling over soft ground getting to the campsight. I have found that having plywood jackpads and 4X4 blocks keep me out of trouble, (I have woke up with my front jacks sunk in the ground 10"). We love our 3912, it seems to fit nearly every condition we have been in (so far).

santafedave

Santafedave
triple axles

They sure do help out with the ride. I went to Dumont and the road out to the dunes is kinda bumpy, but, my 3795 rode like a champ. Make sure after you buy your rig to find a place were you can learn to back her up because it is not like a travel trailer you have 3 axles that you have to move and tight turns can be a b*&tch!

Wallace

Is there a place on the forum to discuss what we paid for our rigs to see if we got or will get a good deal?
Or would this area be good enough?

truknutt

Committed Member
Is there a place on the forum to discuss what we paid for our rigs to see if we got or will get a good deal?
Or would this area be good enough?

Don't think that is allowed IAW the Forum's Rules & Policies. See the attached link for the official explanation:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3951