BR A/C Clearance on roof

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I have decided to add a non-ducted 8300 or 9200 BTU Coleman Polar A/C with heat strip for our bedroom, and lo and behold my Motosat 5LNB Satellite dish is located 18" behind my fantastic fan cover on the roof. Anyone know the clearance required to install a low profile a/c like this. And if its not and I have to relo the dish, is it safe and where should I relo the satellite to on the roof? And how much does anyone think it will cost? The a/c installed is $850, and I thought I would relo the fantastic fan to the stool room. Any ideas? The installer never thought to ask me if I was going to add another a/c. I am going to be in Wine Country in Napa for 5 days in the middle of July and thought it might be a little warm. Also since we installed the timk tent in the vent, should I remove the tent once I have the second a/c?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Larry, we just had a 13,500 low profile installed and you should have plenty of clearance for the dome without moving it. We also did the same thing with our fantastic fan. Moved it to the stool room. They were able to drop wires down through the wall from the ceiling and use the same t'stat just above the light switch. I can reach it while in the seated position.:eek::D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, I also installed my Fantasticfan in the stool room after the BR AC install. However, I got a two gang wall switch, to replace the light switch in the stool room, and now controll the fan with an on/off switch. Works great.
Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Larry,

I also agree with Dave and Ray on putting your BR Fantastic vent in the commode room on a wall switch. Have the installer move it when he installs the 2nd AC. My commode room fan nearly sucks toilet paper straight up, off the roll :eek:

As for your dish, I think it will be a problem. Since you have the Motosat unit line me, there's a chance that it will be in the way when the dish has to look towards the back of the RV. And then, when it has to look at the front of the RV, will the AC cover block part of the dish. Only your installer will know for sure and if needed, be prepared to pay the cost of the relo. Probably another hour of labor. Hey, what's another $100 :)

Let us know how you come out.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ya know, I've been wondering where all that TP went. Thanks Jim!
Peace
Dave