Big Country - Dealers

We're moving up to a fifth wheel from a TT. Have found a Big Country that we like at a dealer in Myrtle Beach, SC - Camper Country - that is about 120 miles away from us. No local dealers.

Can anyone advise us about service at other locations other than the dealer where purchased? I understand that Heartland will OK warranty service at other locations if there is no dealer in your local area. Does this work well?

Would love to purchase locally but have exhausted all opprtunities that are here at the moment. Love the Big Country floor plan and the feel of the quality that we have seen so far.

Thanks for your help.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Allen and Suzanne,

Welcome to the forum.

Camper Country was listed as my local dealer also. He had a 3250 similar to the one we found in MI except his did not have electric jacks.

I told him I was looking at one in MI that was over $5000.00 cheaper than his and wanted his best price.
He became very aggravated with me. Told me he knew about "that" dealer, good luck and dont bring it to him for warranty

Ok, fine!

Not thrilled with dealer in MI either but I do believe I got the very best price on I could have on my trailer from him.

Good luck to you. We are in Sumter. If you are interested in a 3250 you are welcome to look at mine. We are about 1 1/2 hours from you.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Hi Allen and Suzanne,

Welcome to the forum.

Camper Country was listed as my local dealer also. He had a 3250 similar to the one we found in MI except his did not have electric jacks.

I told him I was looking at one in MI that was over $5000.00 cheaper than his and wanted his best price.
He became very aggravated with me. Told me he knew about "that" dealer, good luck and dont bring it to him for warranty

Ok, fine!

Not thrilled with dealer in MI either but I do believe I got the very best price on I could have on my trailer from him.

Good luck to you. We are in Sumter. If you are interested in a 3250 you are welcome to look at mine. We are about 1 1/2 hours from you.

You did the right thing....i went through the same ordeal, I offered the local dealers (120mi) $2000 to make the same deal and he responded to this " I will not go out of business by selling to cheap". I bought from 1250mi away in Mi and had it delivered for $8000-$10,000 less.

SouthernNights

You did the right thing....i went through the same ordeal, I offered the local dealers (120mi) $2000 to make the same deal and he responded to this " I will not go out of business by selling to cheap". I bought from 1250mi away in Mi and had it delivered for $8000-$10,000 less.

Yup, you would think these dealers would learn.

Unless the walls fall off the trailer, it will never see a dealership anyway.

We also looked at BC in Myrtle Beach but ended up buying from Columbia SC. The dealer there is very nice and helped us a lot. It's a small dealer but was a big help.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Boy from reading these posts, I guess I have to count myself in the "very lucky" group. My dealer, Chesapeake RV Solutions has been fantastic to work with. They are a full Heartland dealership and they have gone out of their way to make sure I'm happy.

Got a fantastic price on my Landmark, and everytime I even mention so much as a hint of a problem, they are there to fix it. In fact, Tim the owner, even came out to my house right after I took delivery to correct a PDI issue with the ice maker.

Keith

SouthernNights

We also looked at BC in Myrtle Beach but ended up buying from Columbia SC. The dealer there is very nice and helped us a lot. It's a small dealer but was a big help.

This dealer is actually about 35 miles from us. Problem was he was not coming up as a local dealer before we bought ourBC. Just the Myrtle Beach guy.
After we bought our BC and before we took delivery, my wife and I had to go to Columbia and past the other dealer. We were surprised to a BC sitting in the lot. and with about 5 SOBs and that was it. I thougt maybe he was going out of busines is why he did not come up on our search.

It was Sunday and he was closed so just dismissed it as fate. Besides, by that point we were pretty much sick of talking to dealers:eek: --just wanted our trailer!!!!

jwbjs

Allen-Suzanne: Look at Sonnys in Duncan, SC upstate between spartanburg and greenville, they carry the bc and are great to work with. We got our sundance 245rl from them last fall. welcome to the heartland family.

Gator

Might be a little too far for you, but I bought my new BC from Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. Also has a location in Knoxville. NorthgateRV.com
Some of the nicest folks I have done business with in a long time.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
To respond to Gator, the Northgate RV in Knoxville, TN is a keystone dealer. RVs for Less on Rutledge pike in Knoxville is the Heartland dealer. That is where I gotten 2 Heartland trailers and many of my friends has also gotten their HLs. Butch and Karen the owners are great folks to work with.