Tire pressure

blacknugget

Hi,

We recently bought a 35QSQB model. When I was checking the tire pressures, I was very surprised to see that tires rated on the sidewall for 110psi cold inflation. I checked the sticker on the rig and it stated max inflation on all 4 tires at 80psi.

Can you tell me what should the tires be inflated to? I would have expected the factory to include the appropriate inflation pressures on the sticker. My compressor has a hard time inflating to even 100psi, let alone 110 psi.

Should I use the tire side wall inflation pressure or the sticker on the side of the trailer?

-Kevin

truknutt

Committed Member
Check the backside of the rim to see if it is rated for 110 psi before you use that pressure. If the rims are rated at only 80 psi and the tires at 110 psi then I would be getting with your dealer to get that remedied. This way you can inflate the tires to the max pressure as required for safe travel.

I just noticed this an "Ask the Factory" question so they should have the answer as to what SHOULD be on the coach. Just check your rims before inflating until the factory supplies an answer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin, I just read the brochure for your model. It should have come with Load Range "E" tires that would have been inflated to 80 psi. Check with your dealer or look at the invoice to see if it had "G" Load Range tires installed as an option. If you do in fact have "G" tires, they SHOULD have come with wheels rated for them. As previously posted, verify the ratings for the wheels. You should be able to run 80 psi safely in those tires but it wouldn't hurt to run 90-95 psi. And it perfectly OK to run 110 psi if you want to but you'll need to upgrade your compressor. The best way to inflate is to get the compressor running before starting to add air to the tire. It will take a little less time.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here is a Goodyear inflation chart that may help you. The tire guy at the International Rally use this chart in his information.

BC

Attachments

• Goodyear Inflation chart.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 30
B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post.

It took me an extra day to figure this out. The 35QSQB is our only model we use 7000lbs axles, 12" I beam frame, and G rated tires. We use these items because this model is almost 39' long with quad slides, you can have more cargo carrying capacity.

All other models in this brand have 6000lbs axles, 10" I beam frame and E rated tires.

The placard on the sidewall of trailer said 80psi because that is correct for the E rated tires. Your tires are recomended for 110psi, like it says on the tire.

Sorry for the confusion.

blacknugget

Thanks Bryan.

I don't mind waiting to get the right information. I have been running them at 95psi. I'll try and get them inflated up to the right pressure.

This should mean the rims can handle the G rated tires at those inflation loads. I have not had a chance to check my rims yet for the ratings. I did have the rig on a set of CAT scales a few weeks ago, and wet it weighed in at 13400 lbs. The split was 3600 lbs on the front landing jacks, and 9800lbs on the rear axles.

When hooked up to my truck, the rear axles on the fiver carried a little more, around 10900 lbs (with a pin weight of around 2500lbs). Glad to have those 7000# axles back there! :)

Cheers,

Kevin