Grey Water Mystery???

kjazz

Does anyone know what actually drains to which grey tank and how big they are? I have a '10 3950 and I thought I had it figured out until... I did some laundry and my "grey 1" showed 2/3 full and "grey 2" was on E. No problem right, stop doing laundry. (no sewer hook ups where I was this time) However, after 2 days of no laundry it jumped up to full and "grey 2" went to 1/3 full.:confused: I thought the laundry was on a tank by itself and the kitchen and bath were on a tank together. Is something sharing a tank with the laundry or do I have a gauge ghost?

thomasinnv

the washer, bathroom sink and shower on grey tank 1, the kitchen on grey tank 2.
i beleive they are 40 gallon each.

truknutt

Committed Member
Does anyone know what actually drains to which grey tank and how big they are? I have a '10 3950 and I thought I had it figured out until... I did some laundry and my "grey 1" showed 2/3 full and "grey 2" was on E. No problem right, stop doing laundry. (no sewer hook ups where I was this time) However, after 2 days of no laundry it jumped up to full and "grey 2" went to 1/3 full.:confused: I thought the laundry was on a tank by itself and the kitchen and bath were on a tank together. Is something sharing a tank with the laundry or do I have a gauge ghost?

Do you have one main sewer discharge or is there a seperate one in the rear under the garage for Grey #2?

kjazz

I have just the one in the back for the 1/2 bath. I think thomasinnv is right about the split. It makes sense. Thanks for the info! Does anyone mess with carrying a portable tank or do you guys just use the extra valve to equalize the tanks for more room when you need it? Just wondering what you have found to work the best.

truknutt

Committed Member
On our 3210, all three tanks (2 gray & 1 black) empty via 1 outlet. I am lucky in that by using an additional twist-on valve and manipulating the existing valves, I am able to use the gray tank in the rear. This tank is set up solely for the optional washer that I don't have.

I thought the 3950 had two sewer hose hookups but, wasn't sure.

kjazz

It does have 2. Sorry, I wasn't clear before. The one in the back is for the 1/2 bath grey/black water tank. (both share the same tank) Then there is another in the front of the wheels for the 2 grey tanks and one more black.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
'09 3950 has 2 Grey and 1 black up front, 1 black & 1 grey out back. That is where the confusion was coming from.

mdhill

It does have 2. Sorry, I wasn't clear before. The one in the back is for the 1/2 bath grey/black water tank. (both share the same tank) Then there is another in the front of the wheels for the 2 grey tanks and one more black.

My 2010 model 3850 is probably the same. I just figured it all out this weekend. I have four tanks. A black and a gray at each end. The toilet
in the rear has its own tank. (no rinse) The rear bathroom sink and the
kitchen sink share the rear gray tank. The front shower and bathroom sink share the front gray tank. The front toilet is on its own tank.
The rear sewer outlet only dumps the rear toilet. The rear gray dumps
through the front outlet.
Since the floorplans of the 3950 and 3850 are similar I bet yours is the same.