9K miles, 12 states, New Bighorn 3610RE

palebluedot

Hello everyone,
Being a new member, please allow me to introduce ourselves. We are Bill & Glenda Mullican from Laurel, MS. Having just retired, we left home on 03/27/09 on a 12 state trip through the southwest, up to Montana and back to Mississippi. We left pulling a 2003 Montana 5th wheel, but in Butte, MT for our 43rd anniversary, the DW decided she wanted a new coach, hence, the new 2010 Bighorn 3610RE. It is just beautiful and a BIG upgrade from the Montana. It pulls like a dream and we are loving it. The only issue so far is the lift-up cargo door. When opened the top of the door scrapes the side of the unit and there is a large gap on the inside between the gasket and door surface resulting in a bad leak puddling on the rubber mat in the cargo bay. I have located the nearest dealer and will be calling tomorrow to see if they can take a look at it. The pull type latches on the cargo doors are great and I think are new for 2010. Already looking forward to the next trip. We were members of the Montana Owners Group for several years and look forward to being a part of this fine group also.

jimtoo

HI Bill and Glenda,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. You will find lots of great people here and lots of good information. Even a lot of honeydo upgrades.

I am sure you will enjoy your new Bighorn and look forward to seeing you on the forum and maybe at a rally somewhere.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill & Glenda, welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. I wish I could give you some insight on those new doors but I really haven't looked at them close enough to envision the problem with yours. There are quite a few members here with the newer doors and hopefully a dealer will solve the problem. Heartland Customer Service is great. Try to get to a Regional Owners Rally near you soon. You meet the nicest people in a Heartland.

SmokeyBare

Bill & Glenda,

Welcome to the Heartland Family !!

I too suggest you contact your Dealer about the doors... if that's not possible, call Heartland Customer Service and discuss the problem with them. No better way to find a fix... get the repairs taken care of quickly is dealing with one of those two locations.

We sure hope you'll be able to attend a Heartland Owners State Chapter Rally... and perhaps your schedule will allow next years National Rally in Nashville TN.... All the Rally dates are posted on the Portal page of this forum.

Till we camp... Good Luck with Your 3610 RE....

jbeletti

Hi Bill and Glenda,

Your baggage door on the door-side of the coach that opens "up", may have to be changed out. Heartland will advise your dealer on that.

I spoke to Lippert engineers at their plant a couple weeks back and they told me that they are past this issue now on their current designs. That was good to hear. If they end up swapping your door out, you will be happy with the replacement, based on what I learned about the new process.

Jim

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Hi Bill and Glenda,

Welcome to the Heartland family. BTW, I live about 12 miles north of Laurel up Hwy 15. Small world isn't it?

sgtbigb

Bill and Linda'
I just brought the 3610 and is having the same problem with the lift up door. I have called Heartland and they stated the problem is known and a fix is on the way. When I get home to Texas, This first thing I need to take care. Boy this one beautiful 5th wheeler. Welcome to the club!

palebluedot

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Heartland is indeed aware of the door problem. I have to pull the unit to the dealer tomorrow for them to take pictures and measurements for Heartland. I will post the outcome when we get the issue resolved.