Raleigh Greensboro NC Area

itsbeertime

Anyone know of some decent places near here? I have a couple of friends, one lives around Greensboro near the airport I think and one lives South of Raleigh off route 1. Neither of them camp so they're no help, but I'd like to get down there this Summer and visit. We belong to 1000 Trails too but I don't recall there being one close.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Anyone know of some decent places near here? I have a couple of friends, one lives around Greensboro near the airport I think and one lives South of Raleigh off route 1. Neither of them camp so they're no help, but I'd like to get down there this Summer and visit. We belong to 1000 Trails too but I don't recall there being one close.

If you belong to 1000 Trails then you probably have access to ROD. Through ROD or Coast to Coast you should be able to get into the Western Horizon Park at Salisbury, NC.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Anyone know of some decent places near here? I have a couple of friends, one lives around Greensboro near the airport I think and one lives South of Raleigh off route 1. Neither of them camp so they're no help, but I'd like to get down there this Summer and visit. We belong to 1000 Trails too but I don't recall there being one close.[/quote About an hour to an hour and a half from Greensboro there is a Thousand Trails.It is located on Hwy 64,between Mocksville,NC and Lexington,NC.I think that maybe it is called Forest Lakes,but I am not sure.I know that there are others in the area but I have never stayed at any of them.

davebennington

There is a campground in Asheboro, NC called Banjo Creek. It is a coast to coast campground pretty nice. There are others but I am not fimular with them.

Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I have a friend who lives in Ashboro and has camped at the campground at the Ashboro Zoo.I think it is a pretty nice campground and not that far from Greensboro.They also stay at a campground in Pine Hurst,NC.Sorry not sure of the name but I can find out.

jonesj2

I live in the Greeensboro area, there are a few campground in the local area and they are as follows:

Hagan Stone Park (great campground, camp there frequently) 15 miles from Airport, 50 miles from Raleigh, $18.00 per night. Interstate 40 less than 5 miles from campground, 40 used for both destinations.

Oak Hollow Campground 15 miles from Airport, 60 miles to Raleigh $20.00- $25.00 per night.

Banjo Creek/Zoo Land located in Asheboro about 40 miles from GSO Airport, 70 miles from Raleigh.

itsbeertime

Thanks a bunch for all the replies. That gives me a really good selection. I hadn't even considered Forest Lakes as I understand it is VERY difficult to get in that park in the Summer. Thanks all. I really appreciate the help.