Distance from ground to top of king pin

mdhill

We will be picking up a new Cyclone 3850 in about 3 weeks. Since traveling long way from home would like to have everything as ready as possible when we arrive. From the top of my hitch plate to the ground is 49 inches with no load on it. Does anyone know what the distance is on a 3850 or 3950 or maybe all the same.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Most everything coming from the factory from any manufacturer is about the same these days around 48 - 50" You should be OK at 49"

If you are using a 3/4 or 1 ton get air bags on that suspension. Toy Haulers in general are pin heavy usually around 3k

mdhill

Most everything coming from the factory from any manufacturer is about the same these days around 48 - 50" You should be OK at 49"

If you are using a 3/4 or 1 ton get air bags on that suspension. Toy Haulers in general are pin heavy usually around 3k

Thanks for comeback and good info pmmjarrett. I have a 1 ton Dodge dually 4x4. Last trailer with 2,700 lbs pinweight barely set it down. Hoping I can get by without adding airbags. New trailers pin is closer to3,000 lbs I believe.
I see you pull commercially. What is the per mile rate most are paying now? Instead of going all the way from Oregon to Indiana I may hire it delivered as far as Denver to save a 5,000 mile trip for me.

porthole

Retired
I was told 1.50 a mile for trailer.

I'm driving the 800 mile out to pick it up. Should cost about 1/3 the shipped price, and I have the time available to do it.

mdhill

I was told 1.50 a mile for trailer.

I'm driving the 800 mile out to pick it up. Should cost about 1/3 the shipped price, and I have the time available to do it.

I heard the 1.50 from one place and $2.00 from another. I was going to
go get it but the 2400 miles one way got to sounding longer and longer
the more I thought about it. Meeting half way sounded better all the time.