Water for Icemaker?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jewels55, we'll need to know what kind of rig you have. You can go out and remove the lower (some have two) vent for the fridge, find the nylon ice maker supply line and trace it to the valve. Some are located behind the wall in the basement storage behind the box that houses all of your plumbing stuff (the docking center) and some are located under the fridge behind the drawer. You'll have to remove the drawer and get on your knees to see it and open it. It's a small brass valve with a black 90 degree shut off.

Last edited:

Jewels55

Thanks for the quick response! I had also emailed Heartland Service and they responded quickly telling me where it was at for my Cyclone.

Jewels55

I was told it is under the sink. When I get home from work tonight I will be looking for that little bugger!:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Yeppers! It is under the sink just like they said!:D
Looks like you'll be havin ice pretty soon. Do yourself a favor. Either you or the Hubby, go outside and remove the lower fridge vent. To remove, there are little black buttons on the lower corner of the vent. Turn these 1/4 turn and pull out on the bottom. Look for the ice maker fill line and make sure the connection to the solenoid valve is tight. At this point you could even bleed the air out of the line if it hasn't already been done. Make sure that fill line is routed away from the black piping back there. Use wire ties to keep it from rubbing anything because it will develop a leak. Have Fun!

truknutt

Committed Member
Not only rubbing but the heat on one of those tubes actually melted mine and left a pinhole the first time out. As Ray advised, check the routing of the line and secure it. Let it cycle a couple of times to get rid of any "New Rig" taste.

porthole

Retired
So - Cyclones come with an ice maker in the fridge?

That would be a pleasant surprise on our ordered unit.

Jewels55

Not only rubbing but the heat on one of those tubes actually melted mine and left a pinhole the first time out. As Ray advised, check the routing of the line and secure it. Let it cycle a couple of times to get rid of any "New Rig" taste.

Thanks for the advice!

Jewels55

Looks like you'll be havin ice pretty soon. Do yourself a favor. Either you or the Hubby, go outside and remove the lower fridge vent. To remove, there are little black buttons on the lower corner of the vent. Turn these 1/4 turn and pull out on the bottom. Look for the ice maker fill line and make sure the connection to the solenoid valve is tight. At this point you could even bleed the air out of the line if it hasn't already been done. Make sure that fill line is routed away from the black piping back there. Use wire ties to keep it from rubbing anything because it will develop a leak. Have Fun!

Thanks for the advice!

Jewels55

I'm not sure that an icemaker comes standard in a Cyclone. We bought ours after someone had special ordered it and then decided not to buy it.

I will say this... The icemaker in ours takes up half our freezer. So, maybe ice trays would be better.

truknutt

Committed Member

Not all come with one. We opted for the 12 cu reefer w/icemaker in our 3210. The standard 8 cu reefer doesn't have room. Actually for the space it takes up and the output you'd be better off buying a portable icemaker. They have them at Target, Wal-Mart or Camping World. We actually found ours online. It works great and it can be used in the house, also.

My 3 cents!

porthole

Retired
The big fridge was not an option on our trailer. And at the upgrade price on the other trailers I don't know if it would have been an option on ours.

I tried one of the portable units last year, since it didn't store ice I really didn't care for it and returned it.

But now that we'll have more room I can bring a cooler to keep the ice in and let the blender whir.......................