Jensen cd/dvd system - Trouble resuming DVD from Pause Mode

thomasinnv

we have the Jensen cd/dvd entertainment system. when pausing a dvd movie, sometimes the system freezes when resuming play. then we have to eject the dvd and start over. i have also tried pressing stop (it goes to pre-stop mode) then press play to resume. i am thinking this is not normal. shouldn't i be able to stop or pause a movie then resume without freezing and starting over?

Last edited:

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Try the reset button, located behind the faceplate. If the problem persists, I would recommend that you contact your dealer for warranty assistance so we may get this corrected for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech Support Team

thomasinnv

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Try the reset button, located behind the faceplate. If the problem persists, I would recommend that you contact your dealer for warranty assistance so we may get this corrected for you.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech Support Team

how do i access the reset button? does the faceplate come off?

Sorry for the highjack. What Jensen do you have? I see there are two, the MP5000 and the AWM960. And a question for JENSENRVdirect: what is the differsnce between the two? Thx Smitty

Rigmover06

Reset Button

how do i access the reset button? does the faceplate come off?

On Mine I had to remove the faceplate. Take a pencil and push the reset button for 5 seconds.

You will see the tiny hole for the reset button after you remove the face plate. It's a little right of center on my stereo. Red button in behind the metal faceplate mount.
Dan

thomasinnv

tried the reset...no dice. the dealer doing other warranty work on my unit right now is not interested in taking care of this for me. my purchasing dealer is 2k miles away. i called ASA and they will only warranty through a servicing dealer. now what? this unit is only 3 months old and it would be nice if it worked right.

jbeletti

Derrick,

Contact Heartland Customer Service to have them help you find a "servicing dealer".

877-262-8030

Jim

Last edited:

thomasinnv

Jensen DVD system

Ok, i know i posted on here before but i can't find it. My DVD system stopped working completely now. I tried the reset button, and even pulled the fuse to kill all the power to the unit. It will not play dvd's or cd's. it won't even load anything on the usb port. All it will do is play the radio. My servicing dealer dropped the ball and didn't file a claim or what ever they need to do. Now it's time for me to head south, and i need this thing fixed. It's only 4 months old. Can someone help me? I have been through 2 dealers now that have done nothing. every one just wants to keep pressing the reset button. I am getting frustrated.

jbeletti

Derrick,

I have merged your new thread with your old one here.

Sounds like you will need to speak with ASA directly and explain to them what the two dealers you have worked with have tried. Have dealer names/locations and what they did ready, when you contact ASA.

By the way, to find your past posts, just click on your name in any of your posts, then from the drop-down menu that will appear, click on "Find all Posts by thomasinnv". That's how I found this one to be able to merge them.

Jim

JENSENRVdirect

Our Customer Service department will be able to assist you directly with warranty on your DVD stereo. Please call (877) 845-8750 at your convenience and we will get a replacement unit shipped to you.

Hi I love your rig had a quick question do you have a tv in your bedroom and if so what size do you have in that small space I'm thinking of trying a 19" thanks George.