Eagle Ridge or Elk Ridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogger

So, here I am 1 day from picking up our new Eagle Ridge 5th Wheel, and it would now seem it's called the "Elk Ridge"? I have a brochure from the dealer that is identical to the online Elk Ridge brochure, only mine says Eagle Eidge. Does anyone why this is? I guess I am kind of disappointed if the line has now changed in the middle of it's first year out. Wouldn't that have a negative affect on my resale value someday? There doesn't seem to be a positive in having owned a 5th wheel that was on the market for just a few months.

SmokeyBare

It could be that a (SOB) company challenged the use of Eagle .

Not sure it would have been worth the legal time dealing with that kind of issue...

In my view.... I'd RUN from that (SOB)... and proudly display a different name...

Elk Ridge sounds more like a Heartland product anyway... in my opinion.

I doubt you'll have any issue with the resale value. Let the prospective new owner look at he quality of your RV... if they have been in the Market and looking... they will clearly see your RV was a better product that any of the (SOB's)

(SOB) = Some Other Brand

Bogger

If indeed that were the case, then mine wouldn't be displaying a "different" name. It would be the same "Eagle Ridge".

I'd rather have an "Elk Ridge" too. Problem is, a few days ago that wasn't even an option as far as I knew.

jmaguire

I have the 35DSRL and am also curious as to whats up? It doesn't really matter much though because it looks like the same exact models. It does state that it has 80 gal grey water tanks. Is that 2 40's or what?

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your insight on this Eagle Ridge / ElkRidge brand. So far the comments have been correct on this post.

Another manufacturer took issue with the Eagle Ridge name since one of their brands is Eagle.

Instead of "fighting" this, we chose to change our brand name. All features in this brand will remain identical.

This transition has not occured yet, so discussions by dealers are somewhat premature. However, this tranisition will occur in the near future.

Regarding resale value, Heartland products have some of the best resale value on the market, Eagle Ridge should not be any different.

Bogger

what about those of us that have bought a eagle ridge, do we have to have the decals changed to show elk ridge?

I'm not sure "have to" is how I would put it. I want to so my brand new unit isn't "obsolete". Seems kind of sad to spend that kind of money and have the "brand" you just bought no longer be available.

Not sure I'd be too happy as a dealer right now either.

jmaguire

I guess that we now own very rare classics. Must be worth a lot of money as rare collectors pieces.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I would say that those who own an "Eagle Ridge" have potential "collectors" pieces!!!!! Limited makes of a quality product = DEMAND!:)

B

bwwalczak

We agree in the limited part, especially owning a vehicle that has another manufacturer anxious.

Lets you know the true value we have built into our products!

Bogger

Hmmm, doesn't fit this situation, but you guys need to think abut why most brands become collectors (and only after owning them for many years). It is usually because they didn't sell well and weren't successful in the 1st place.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't feel bad. Our Landmark Golden Gate was out of production when we bought it. The beauty of this is if anyone wanted one real bad we can get top dollar for it because they can only get one from someone who has one. Remember there are two sides to every situation. I try to look at the bright side.

Bogger

Don't feel bad. Our Landmark Golden Gate was out of production when we bought it. The beauty of this is if anyone wanted one real bad we can get top dollar for it because they can only get one from someone who has one. Remember there are two sides to every situation. I try to look at the bright side.

The difference likely being is you and the dealer probably knew it was out of production, and you probably got a really good price because of it. I picked mine up the day the change was made.

It certainly does not increase the value of my unit in the next 5-10 years, and it quite possibly will be worth LESS because nobody will know anything about the Eagle Ridge Model. I try to see the positives in most things too, but I am having a hard time seeing any real positive in this one.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Hmmm, doesn't fit this situation, but you guys need to think abut why most brands become collectors (and only after owning them for many years). It is usually because they didn't sell well and weren't successful in the 1st place.

But that does not apply here.....and as jmaguire states: "No matter to me. We love our Eagle Ridge no matter what you call it."

If anyone has an Eagle Ridge 34QSRL they want to "DUMP" due to the name change send me the options list and I will gladly consider taking it off of your hands...:)

We buy an RV product based upon the reputation of the manufacturer, floorplan, options, length, weight, etc. How many of you place the "name of the model" as ANY CRITERIA for purchasing.....?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The difference likely being is you and the dealer probably knew it was out of production, and you probably got a really good price because of it. I picked mine up the day the change was made.

Not really. The dealer may or may not have known but he certainly did not say anything about it to us. I don't know whether it would of may a difference or not. At least your unit is still in production...only a name change. We had no prior knowledge and did not find out until 4 months later. Good luck in your decision.

Bogger

But that does not apply here.....and as jmaguire states: "No matter to me. We love our Eagle Ridge no matter what you call it."

If anyone has an Eagle Ridge 34QSRL they want to "DUMP" due to the name change send me the options list and I will gladly consider taking it off of your hands...:)

We buy an RV product based upon the reputation of the manufacturer, floorplan, options, length, weight, etc. How many of you place the "name of the model" as ANY CRITERIA for purchasing.....?

See, you made my point. You will take it from me if I want to DUMP it. How about paying exactly what I paid and I will wait for the "new" model? :D

How many of you would willingly pay a normal (not a discount) price for a model that is no longer being made or is being made under a different name?

Don't get me wrong here. I LOVE the unit and will be happy using it. I am just not thrilled with the idea of possibly not having it be worth what it should be in 3-5 years if I decided to trade it in.

SmokeyBare

And that it wouldn't be worth "What it should Be" is Speculation as well...

The subject has been pretty well covered top to bottom... side to side...

Maybe it's time to step back and take a breather on the matter.

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.