Looking for a NT Dealer in Alberta - Montana -----

harmg

Hi,

This is my first time post, and if I have made any faux-pas I apoligize

For a North Trail 32qbss

I am looking for a dealer, I live in the edmonton area, and I am not willing to buy (Under any circumstance) from the local dealer after having talked and dealt with his staff. He is also unwilling to service anything that is not bought from them, although I get the feeling if I upset him which I may have done, then I would never get service again. (this was just from talking about price and options)

I am willing to buy in the US (and have been looking), but it would be preferable to be closer to Alberta if that works. It would also be easier if they where a stocking dealer.

Harm

irvin56

Red deer has one

Go to Heartlandrvs.com
They have a link to find a dealer.
On that link put in you postal code and type unit your looking for and it will give you a dealer or two, locations

Edmonton

I think there is a dealer in Airdrie. Had a friend that was considering going down there but ended up buying from the "local dealer".

I have a few issues myself with the local dealer but I don't blame him for not servicing what they don't sell. They seem pretty busy most of the time and I would expect him to look after those that are supporting him.

For what it's worth he had better prices when my friend bought than the guy in Airdrie.

David

irvin56

Racetrack RV

Airdrie is where I bought mine.

Had it in for service there and they were great to deal with.
Don't know of what diff prices are up there or red deer.
Never took the time to look.

jal555

I went down to Montana last summer to get a Bighorn. I found the dealers here unwilling to deal. Heartland uses a repair place in Canmore that will work on it.
John

harmg

Montana

Thanks for the feed back,

I would agree about the local dealer being a better choice if I could deal with him, I feel that I cannot.

What was the dealer like in montana? Who (If I may ask)

Harm

Barry & Alana

Western Rv has 6-7 locations in Alberta. They just use different names -Sherwood Park, Leduc, (wetaskiwin - but may be closed now) Red Deer, Airdire, Calgary (thats called dreams and something ) and a couple of others.

Parardise Rv in Red Deer and Leduc - has some heartland products. From what I hear - the owner of Paradise and Owner of Western used to be partners. Now they are not apparently.

So - basically, Heartland is not helping the consumers by having no competition. Western posts prices and no other prices will be looke at.

harmg

Competition

I would tend to agree, I will probably end up buying in Michigan. Either that or I will end up changing brands.:mad: Although I like the Heartland product.

Thank you for the feedback.

Harm

M

Mcreech

Harmg,

What happed with you and Outback RV? Is the problem with the owner or a salesman? if its a salesman, I pretty sure the owner doesn't know anything about it...Outback usually gets good reviews from customers....I would like to help if I can
Mike Creech
North Trail Product Manager

geeksrus

I went down to Montana last summer to get a Bighorn. I found the dealers here unwilling to deal. Heartland uses a repair place in Canmore that will work on it.
John

Do you have the name of the repair place in Canmore?

Thanks Eh!

harmg

Dealer

Hi,

I was trying not to mention the dealer by name.

I find the Owner extremely rough, inflexible, which I am probably partly in that catagory.

I find that some of the information is misleading from the sales people. (Which I guess is somewhat normal)

I am also concerned with his threat that they will not service if it is not bought there, that if I have even a minor disagreement that they will not service then either. Which was somewhat implied when I talked to them. In my opinion if some one is willing to withhold service for that reason they will with hold it for a variety of others as well. (Again this was implied and almost said outright when I talked to them (Which I have done 3 times))

I think that Heartland should consider implementing a customer satisfaction/ section system like the auto industry. (When the economy improves I suppose) Which they may already, but I am not even sure that if I travel to another location that I will be able to get service.

Harm

M

Mcreech

If you don't want to deal with Outback then I would suggest Racetrack RV in Airdrie.....Call Ken @ 403-912-1916

Lococoin

Hi,

I was trying not to mention the dealer by name.

I find the Owner extremely rough, inflexible, which I am probably partly in that catagory.

I find that some of the information is misleading from the sales people. (Which I guess is somewhat normal)

I am also concerned with his threat that they will not service if it is not bought there, that if I have even a minor disagreement that they will not service then either. Which was somewhat implied when I talked to them. In my opinion if some one is willing to withhold service for that reason they will with hold it for a variety of others as well. (Again this was implied and almost said outright when I talked to them (Which I have done 3 times))

I think that Heartland should consider implementing a customer satisfaction/ section system like the auto industry. (When the economy improves I suppose) Which they may already, but I am not even sure that if I travel to another location that I will be able to get service.

Harm

I had a look at the heartland as well at Outback RV. The salesman was nice but i didnt want to spend the money the canadian dealers want. I looked at some in Michigan for a fraction of the price and decided to call Outback about warantee repair. At first the guy said that I had to take it back to where I bought it from, when i said that is not the case he finally admitted that they could do the work on it but I would be waiting at least six months while they service their customers first. While I understand that they need to look after their customers first, I was not impressed with the initial lie I was fed about warantee work.

I am still looking stateside and hoping for the dollar to improve before I buy one.

mtcampers

Montana Dealers

As far as I know there are only 2 dealers here in Montana. One in Kalispell and the other in Helena. I have spoken to both dealers, and due to proximity we went to Helena to get ours...great service by the way! Also, when I spoke to the Kalispell rep, he was very willing to work with us. I am confident that you would get great service from both dealers!

roxald

NT Dealer

Not sure if you've made a purchase yet, but I live in Airdrie and I ended up buying my 29BHSS in Humboldt Sask. I did the seach on the web for dealers and they were simply the easiest to deal with. The salesmans' name was Harvey and he is first class all the way. He used to repair RV's for many years and although they carry several brands of trailers, his recommendationwas the North Trail. I actually set the deal up via e-mails and a few phone callls and then went out there last Thur-Fri to pick it up and bring it home. We're very happy with it. If you need anymore info, feel free to drop me a PM or e-mail.
Cheers!
Ron
roxald@gmail.com

sunflower

I would second the Humboldt dealer and Harvey as well.I have been buying Rv's for over 40 years and this is the most respect i ever got from the owner down.They are not large but have a nice stock and great service.The deal they offered me first time around was better then I had even hoped to get.No haggle.