Furnace not sending air to living room

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Just got back from our first trip out with our 3055rl. The furnace worked very well, but you had to be in the bathroom to get the heat... There was a very light breeze coming from the kitchen and living room vents. Not enough to heat the area and it was not too cold. Any ideas?? I will be taking it into the dealer May 23 and have them look at it as well other things.
Rand

GaryB

Furnace

Hi Sailorand

I was just browsing thru some posts and saw your post from May on a furnace problem. Have you gotten it resolved yet, and what did the problem turn out to be? I'm thinking of getting a 3055RL also, and so I'm interested in whether these issues affect all 3055's or are just isolated occurrences.

Thanks
Gary

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Gary
they found the duct crushed and fix that. There still is not much air coming thru. There is lots into the bathroom and bedroom but just a little into the LR and kitchen. We take the unit in for service in Oct. and I will have them look at it again.
So far we love the unit

jpmorgan37

Gary;
Something that I found (and a few others on the forum also found) was that the furnace was not secured to the floor and a lot of air was escaping around it. There was a place for two screws and when I installed them, it pulled it down and then I had good air flow. Also, the register in the bathroom is now about 90% shut so that little air comes out of it. The only time we use the furnace is when the outside temperature is below 35 degrees F. Otherwise, we use the heat pumps or for a slight chill, small electric heaters.

John

GaryB

Heat Pump

Hi John

Sorry for all the questions lately. All this research is wearing me out :) Anyway, I wanted to ask one last question about your heat pump. Is it a useful feature, and in what situation is it most advantageous? Is it used for both heating and cooling, just like a standard household heat pump? All of this may be moot anyway since I've not seen it as an available option on the BigHorn (maybe I'm wrong). But if I decide to look elsewhere, this will be very useful information to know.

Thanks again
Gary

jpmorgan37

Gary;
I have two A/C's with heat pumps. Is it a useful feature? For us, it's not only useful but very practical, and yes, it's just like a household AC/heat pump. Since we picked up our Grand Canyon last February, I have used one tank of propane and that has been mostly for cooking. We did have a few days where the temperature got below 35 and the furnace kicked on. That is an automatic feature so when you have the heat pump on and the temp drops below 35, the furnace comes on automatically. It only operates off of the main thermostat, not the one in the bed room. If you choose this option, make sure you do get the wall thermostat control, not the one with the control on the A/C. It works much better and you have more precise control. As far as an available option, talk to your dealer, I'm sure that they can get it for you. We got things in ours from Butch at RV's for Less that other dealers told us we couldn't get.

Don't feel bad about asking questions. That's what we're on this forum for is to get answers and share experiences.

John