Toilet filling with water.

jimtoo

Hi All,

It seems as thou my toilet bowl is filling with water at times. The flush valve is leaking, not shutting off completely at times. Not every time, but I now shut off my water supply if we are going to be gone for a while. Otherwise I check it about every hour or so. First time it happened, it was only about a 1/4" from running over. We were very lucky. Has anyone taken one of these apart, or can it even be repaired?

Just fishing for answers from the best people, Heartland Owners.

Jim M

Rickhansen

PPLmotorhomes.com has exploded parts diagrams for Dometic (Sealand) potties. They have part numbers and "rebuild" kits. The water valve, I believe, is pretty much a throwaway item as it is made entirely of plastic and as I recall about $15 to replace. There is also a spring kit and seal kit that I would replace at the same time.

I've done mine twice in 18 months. (I've not been impressed with the lifespan of their parts) Dometic supplied the parts the first time for free, then about 3 months ago, they shipped me a complete toilet. They also have a "Heavy Duty" seal kit, which didn't last any longer than the first seals I replaced. I'd call and speak to their customer service department and see if they would be willing to help you.

2010augusta

It sounds like the valve is not returning to the off postion. There has been a "quasi-recall" if you call sea-land they should send you a new return spring cartridge at no cost. The number is 800-321-9886.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jim
I called Dometic on my toilet also and got an upgrade kit. My ball valve was not closing all the way and they sent me the kit. I did not replace the ball but they did at RV Capital when I was there last time.

Give them a call.
BC

jimtoo

Thanks for all the info guys, I have not looked into it yet:eek:, but thought it was most likely a replace it only thing. :rolleyes: Just been watching the toilet, a fun thing to do:eek:. Seems as thou it leaks about every 5th time it is flushed. So now we are going 4 times inside and the 5th time outside.:D:D

Yes, Gus, we are here in Fort Chiswell, Va (near Wytheville) till tomorrow, then heading to Paris Mountain SP at Greenville, SC, so the wife can visit with a cousin that she has only seen for about 45 minutes in the last 50 years.

Jim M

SmokeyBare

Put your toe under that Peddle and lift it on the 5th flush Jim.... might be that'll fool the darn valve... maybe the toe lift will provide enough force to the valve to nudge it closed !

Oh and Have a GOOD TIME.... watchin da Pot !

Marv