Breaker/fuse panel

jimpav

I've noticed that the AC breaker panel has a 20 amp breaker for the main air conditioner. There is also a 15 amp FUSE in position # 3 in the DC panel. What would the 15 amp fuse be required for with an AC air conditioner?
35DSRL 2010

wdk450

Why 15 A DC fuse for Air Cond.?

Jim:
I know from experience with the AC electrical supply to the air conditioner that the thermostat and control relay circuits work on 12 volts. Flip off the breaker, activate the thermostat, and you will hear "Click, click" from the Air Conditioner control circuits.

jimpav

Bill,
That makes sense. I assume you meant to say to pull the 15 amp "fuse", which should disable the thermostat. I didn't get any manual with the trailer, but contacted Dometic and received their operating instructions. The 35DSRL is equiped with a remote analog thermostat, but there is no mention of any 12 volt operating requirements.
Now if I can only figure out how to close off some of the ceiling ducts.........thanks

wdk450

AC Questions

I hope you understood me, my syntax was poor. The thermostat control circuits for the air conditioning are 12 volts VDC. The main power for the Air conditioning is 110 VAC. If you turn off the Air Cond. AC breaker and try to activate the Air conditioning with the thermostat you will hear the click click I described.

Regarding the duct outlets, you need to replace them with ones you can adjust the flow from. I used some from the local trailer supply store, like the one on the top right in this link:
http://rvdiscountsuppliers.com/rv-parts-hardware-air-registers.htm

You may also want to search the forum fro the air flow mods that have been developed by HOG members. When installed correctly, this makes a BIG difference.

jimpav

Thanks Bill!!...With all this hot (but welcome) weather lately, I'll need to shut off some of the vents in the back room. Seems as though the front bedroom gets hotter because more surface exposure and distance from the A/C.