TV connection

518hog2

We have a 2950 Big Country, when the TV is hooked up to the cable jack and the TV power amp is on I can get some chanels on the set, however when I connect the TV to the Antenna jack I get nothing. Anyone have any advice? Is the internal wires hooked up wrong? When using cable thru the power amp it works fine.

TNT

This happened to us a couple of weeks ago too. The TV in the living room wouldn't find any channels with the antenna, but the bedroom TV did, all 3 major stations and very clearly. We have a Cyclone 3210 and bought it in Durango. Going there for the 4th and will drop by for them to look at it. Any more info in the mean time would be great!

truknutt

Committed Member
This happened to us a couple of weeks ago too. The TV in the living room wouldn't find any channels with the antenna, but the bedroom TV did, all 3 major stations and very clearly. We have a Cyclone 3210 and bought it in Durango. Going there for the 4th and will drop by for them to look at it. Any more info in the mean time would be great!

I had the same problem in Goshen, only the bedroom tv I installed wouldn't receive the channels. Come to find out the older tv isn't digital ready. Luckily I had packed the Winegard digital converter I had purchased last year. Hooked it up and all was well in the bedroom.....with the tv! You guys! :rolleyes:

TNT

The TV in the living room is the one that wouldn't receive the channels. It is brand new. My older one I brought from my old coach, worked in the bedroom. I hope the dealer has an answer. It is probably us missing something!

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Reception

I have read on the forum that the Bat Wing by Winegard is the fix for reception problems. It IS compatible with the Antenna Tec?

Also, I tried to receive digital stations on the Olevia in the LR, and I only got 3. Everyone around us got 49. What's up with that? We have sattelite for the LR, usually, but I was just curious to see what we could get in the LR. The BR TV is a brand new HDTV too. I'm getting frustrated with this whole thing again. I shouldn't have to use the converter box, right?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Digital reception is EXTREMELY direction sensitive. You may need to reposition the antenna several times until you find the proper location for the best reception.

SmokeyBare

GoldenBetty,

Sorry but No... the WingMan attachment for the Winegard Antenna will not work on the Antenna Tek. Also... I contacted Antenna Tek... the company reply back said they felt their antenna did not need this type of attachment... that they at this time were not making a similar product for their brand of antenna.

Marv

Theresau

Is there an antennae booster - I found in my travel trailer that I received very few DTV stations unless I remembered to turn on the antennae booster.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Thanks all. I've tried everything mentioned. The camper right next to me was getting 49 channels. How aggravating is that? I really have run out of options, except to get on the roof and check the connections to the antenna. I can't get much of anything on the Olevia with the antenna either. Geen whiz!