ac questions

Could some one tell me if the 2nd air conditioner in the bedroom has to be low profile? also what is a good non ducted unit? also would like one where the fan doesn,t run non stop. what size is recomended? If you go with a thermostat how do you get the wire to it? Thanks any help would be apreciated!:confused: James Thomas

Northern Virginia
I drive an 08 GMC which has a high bed. My rear A/C sits at 12'8" to the top when the Landmark is hitched up . Our Carrier Air V low profile in the front is at 13' 2" hitched up. The Carrier is 7.5 inches tall. I wouldn't want to be any taller. I think the BH and Landmark are the same height.

The fan does run all the time. I personally like the white noise.

John

Last edited:

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I drive an 08 GMC which has a high bed. My rear A/C sits at 12'8" to the top when hitched up to the Landmark. Our Carrier Air V low profile in the front is at 13' 2" hitched up. The Carrier is 7.5 inches tall. I wouldn't want to be any taller. I think the BH and Landmark are the same height.

The fan does run all the time. I personally like the white noise.

John

I drive the same truck with my Bighorn and my rear AC height is also 12'8". I have the regular Carrier Air V Heat Pump on the front (which I love by the way) and it sits at 13'6". I have not had any problems (yet) with this height but would NOT want to be any higher.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have a Duo-Therm low profile on the front. It has a wall mounted thermostat. It is non ducted which means it is not hooked into the ducts in the rig, i.e. the air blows directly out of the air-conditioner vent. Much like a window unit in a house. The thermostat control on the wall has the standard control which allows turning on the fan to run continuously or put it on auto which allows it to cycle on and off. Mine was installed by the dealer prior to my purchase.