Help needed with Surround Sound

J-W&E

:confused: We had not used our DVD play in a while. When we put in a movie DVD, it will play ONLY in black and white.........no color ???
Our trailer is an '06 and the Surround Sound player is an RCA.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
J-W&E, I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I did have a simillar problem with one of my house tv's. Turns out that after I checked all the connections it worked fine. Seems that the connector plugs get some corrosion on them, not visable but still there. Try turning each plug in it's socket to refresh the connection. Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Contact Spray

In my professional career as a medical electronics technician, I discovered DeOxIT brand contact cleaner by Caig industries.

Here's the link:http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.I/id.64/.f?sc=1&category=-101

I have seen this stuff seemingly work miracles, and the unnoticed improvements in contact reliability give less problems with equipment.
This is availible in small spray cans at Radio Shack and in larger sizes at professional electronics parts supply stores.

jbeletti

Hi Wilma,

Generally, when you lose the color carrier, it's cable or connector related. I'd first do what Dave suggests. Unplug, then replug the video cable (usually a yellow connector). Do this at both ends (DVD player and TV).

If that does not fix it, try another video cable. If that does not fix it, using another video cable, try another video input at the TV, if there is one - just to test it.

It is possible that the video output section of the DVD player is going haywire on you but my money is on the video connection/cable.

Jim