Shelf beside bed-3055?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I spoke to Butch with RV's for Less in Knoxvill Tenn. yesterday, as many have recommended him as a knowledgeable salesman. He said that most folks that order a 3055 request the queen bed instead of a king size because of a lack of room.

I was wondering if the factory could install a small shelf for eyeglasses, wrist watch, etc. beside the bed? Only one side, because my wife says she doesn't want one on her side.

Thanks,

Trap

If your looking for the Queen Bed layout check my Thread A couple below this. The Queen comes with a nitestand on the left hand side. It does not come with the shelf on the right. I just went through all of this. The king bed has no nightstand and no shelfs.

Trap

Last edited:

jayc

I want the king bed, but would like a small shelf beside the bed. I'm certain that I can find a way to mount one, but thought that the factory could also do so.

tcbrady

Unfortunately, we can't mount a small table by the bed. Our production line is not set up to do special items like this. Hopefully mounting s shelf is something that could be done at the dealer. I will make a request that BIGHORN look into putting a small shelf next to the king size bed in the future but can't make any promises.

Hope this helps with your question.

thanks!

jayc

Coley, thanks for the reply. I think it might be a good idea to at least make a small shelf available as an add-on. I was thinking of something about arms-length above my head and only wide enough for a pair of glasses and a wrist watch, perhaps 3-4" wide?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We have both a nightstand and shelf

In our Bighorn 3500RL with a king size bed we have a nightstand next to the bed closest to the shower and a shelf on the other side closest to the front end of the trailer. Ours came this way. I will take a picture and show you. After reading all of these threads and posts I'm a bit confused.

sharmulst

night stand

We also have a 2006 BH 3500 RL. It has the night stand (cupboard), nearest the shower with a shelf on the other side. It is also a king bed. mrcomer's pictures from the Heartland RV's is just like our 5fer.
At first I missed the nightstand on my side of the bed, shelf side, but after spending 3 months in it last winter I really like it.
Steve and Sharon

Trap

After a lot of questions and finally finding a picture of a older 3400RL. I was told that with the queen bed you get a nitestand on the lefthand side and no shelf. They deleted the shelf when they standardized the bed slideouts so one size fits all. On king bed option no shelf's on either side.

Trap

Scott

Just an FYI - the Bighorn Construction Book .pdf download that you found the picture in was put together last fall. Because it is a book that is focused on the construction of the Bighorn, 98% of it still applies - that is why it is still on the web site.
The next time we re-print it - we can create a new .pdf file download and get that up on the web site.
We just weren't going to pull an entire construction booklet because we changed the bed slide set up.

By the way - the 3055 USED to only have room for a queen - the new 3055 has the King.

ST

ChopperBill

Took some shots of our 3055RL and have one of the queen bed. The cabnett is kind of a cubby hole. Looks like a good place for your cat or small dog to sleep in. ;) Glad we ordered the option, more room on the shower side.
149451207.jpg
[/IMG]

Trap

Thanks for the pic Chopper Bill. It was a struggle to see what the Queen Bed option really was. But it sure nice to finally see it.

Trap

ChopperBill

Sorry I cant get further away with my Kodak for a better view. Have a couple of others but they look about the same.

Deb

Deb
Chopper Bill -- When did you pick up your new 3055??? We are going to pick ours up on May 30th. Did all go well for you? Have you used it yet?

Deb

ChopperBill

Deb: Wont pick it up until next week. Dealer called and said it was in and I drove over there for a preview. If all goes as well as the first look it is going to be awesome!

Deb

Deb
Bill -- Looks like we might pick up our campers on the same day. Will be interesting to see how close they were in the assembly line. We leave in the morning to take 5 year old g. son home (he lives in Greenville, SC area) then on to Knoxville to pick up the 3055.

Deb

Deb

Deb
Guess what Chopper Bill -- our new homes on wheels were next door factory buddies. Our number is 4441 -- how about that!!!

Deb

Deb

Deb
They sure are - we just might have to get them together one of these days for a reunion. LOL

Deb