Water pump blows the plug

seaweaver

We just returned from a week and a half vacation with our 22FDS. LOVED IT!

We dry-camped only one night. Unfortunately, we could not make the water system work correctly. We partially filled the fresh water tank (didn't need a lot of water for one night), but when we tried to use the pump, the pressure would blow out the rubber push-in plug at city water connection point.

I was not at the walk-through when we picked up the trailer, and my husband doesn't remember them saying anything about it. Is there a threaded plug that goes in the city water connection that you are supposed to use when not connected to city water?

HRAI

There is a plug that you can buy in case it happens again, but the connection in the trailer has a built in check valve. Looks like your check valve is faulty. It can be something as simple as it being misaligned or broken. It's an easy fix regardless. I keep a plug in my trailer just in case were in the boonies and it breaks again. It broke on us last winter in Myrtle Beach... Dealer replaced it since - no problems.

plug

same thing happened to me, water all over the storage compartment. service man said, oh this happens once in a while. will make a plug to put on connection when using pump.:confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As a temporary measure, remove the screened washer and try sticking a small finger in and press the little valve in there. It may just realign the valve and get you through till you can get the connector replaced.

seaweaver

We got the trailer back, and they just replaced the push-in rubber plug with a screw-in plug on the city water connection. It works, but if the check valve is really broken, I wonder why they didn't replace it?

Last edited: