Transfer flow aux. tank

rodeosw

Hi everyrone. I,m new here. Just bought a 2009 Heartland Sundance 2900RK. Went for a trip and it was wonderful Had no problems. My tow vehicle is a 2004 Dodge heavy duty 4/4 diesel crew cab. I added a air ride to the truck and pac breaks. Stopped at the scales and i,m under my weight limits. My Question is I,m putting a 74 gallon transfer flow Aux tank in the bed. 74 gallon wedge tank. Now the tank weighs 120 lbs. 74 gallons of gas should weigh about 489 lbs. With the tank that should be about 600 plus pounds.......Where does the weight go? To the truck? Or pin weight?.......Thank you for your answers.

Bill

jpmorgan37

The weight goes to the truck and will be divided between the front and rear axle weights. That will affect the GVWR of the axles which will be figured into the amount of pin weight that you can have to still be within the load limits of the rear axle. After you get the fuel tank installed, you need to reweigh your tow vehicles front and rear axles, then you will know exactly how much pin weight you can carry and still be legal.

John