Solar Panal Pre Wire

bigdob24

Solar Panel Pre Wire

I have a Sundance 3300 RCB ordered and have plans of instaling a solar panel. Was wondering if the factory will pre wire the unit for this instalation? I know some of the other manufaturers do this as a option.
Thanks
Dan

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
bigdob24...
From our experience, do not ask Heartland to do anything outside their normal options they offer. You probably will NOT be happy with the results!:(

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
could you expand on that, PM me if you won't put it in the thread
Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan...

We wanted a larger fresh water tank in the BIGHORN. Heartland said they would install a Landmark Frame and an 85 gallon fresh water tank for $500. Our unit does have those two items (we think), but Heartland could have installed the tank and connecting hoses better since we paid extra for this. The fresh water gravity fill hose goes uphill in several places and it is also halfway pinched going through the one frame cross member. The breather hose has a low spot in it somewhere between the UDC and the fresh water tank, so it cannot breathe correctly. We put a $7 white 10' long hose from WAL-MART through the fresh water gravity fill hose which now allows us to fill the entire fresh water tank. But, we still need to pull down the belly and some how get the breather hose to NOT have a low point between the UDC and the fresh water tank.

On top of these problems, the fresh water hose on the inlet side of the water pump had a kink in it from the factory. Now that is fixed.

We also found the yellow tag on the side of the screen door that has the weights and tank sizes to be wrong.

We paid extra for an option that Heartland said they could do, but the fresh water system was assemblied extremely poorly.

We emailed the Factory three different times since April and nothing gets resolved. We have had POOR service after they got our money.:(

Now in your case... There are an incredible number of variables when installing solar equipment on an RV. My best suggestion is if you need help with your solar equipment, try

http://www.starlightsolar.com/contact.htm

They are knowledgable about any size of solar equipment you may need. And they are nice to talk to before, during, and after they have your money!:)

grizzlygiant

I had no problem installing a solar panel on my Sundance. I used the refrigerator vent chase to install a conduit for wires from the roof to the basement. This way I had no additional roof penetrations.