A/c

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Well, with the temperature hovering around 100 and more all week, I guess I should expect this. The central A/C is condensating and dripping on the floor in the kitchen. Nothing we can do about that, right?

tmcran

Is the condensate( water) draining from the outside and off the roof? Also if it is really humid? It might help to turn on the vents and get some of the humidity out of the coach.

jmaguire

make sure the unit is draining on the roof. you should have condensation coming off the camper somewhere. also make sure you have a clean air filter and all of your vents open. air conditioners remove humidity before they can reduce the temperature, and if you resrict the airflow the air actually gets colder. sometimes the air can be cold enough to condensate on the grills and unit.

Mariposa

drain?

Golden Betty
There should be a drain and a little catch area collecting the water and draining it out side. Could be debris clogging the drain line.
The filter area can be removed easily. Take a look and see if you can see where the water is coming from and where it is going.
Mariposa, Bob

Mariposa

Water draining?

Goldenbetty
We have an 08 Big Horn 3400 RL. We had water dripping in the kitchen area from condensation. The problem was air flowing the wrong direction. All the ducts were remove to make sure they were connected to A/C system. System was fix with the type of A/C ducting tape. Easy fix.
Mariposa
Bob

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
A/C Condensation

Thanks everyone for the input. We clean our filters once a week while camping. Today was the day. We saw the moisture when we removed the filter. It appears to be coming from the area of the "quick cool" portion of the unit. Moisture is draining outside as well, very nicely. Next step is to check the duct work. I'll let you know what we discover.