Parking RV--dos/don'ts

aatauses

Hi everyone, We will be on a mini vacation for about a week (without the RV)and am asking the dos/don'ts in leaving the RV---how receptive are parks to park your rig for a week? Slides in or out? Should we pay for power for the refrig or let it be on gas? hook-ups---disconnect or leave hooked up? Security issues?
thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We are in a park and pay seasonal/monthly rates for our site. Weather we take a weekend or week away without the rig, we still pay for the site. If we take the rig with us for a couple weeks, like going to the National Rally, we still paid for our monthly rental. That just insures we have a spot to come back to. We leave the electric hooke up and turn off the water. We leave the slides out and everything hooked up. We leave the fridge on "auto" so in case of a power failure it will switch to LP. I guess it's best to talk with the park owners and see what they suggest. Whatever is agreeable for both parties.

Jimmyt5

Make sure you leave the power hooked up. I did what you are talking about and came back to a refer full of stinking food. The battery runs down and you get no 12 v to refer even though you are on gas.:eek:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm on a seasonal site and pay for electric. We'll use our trailer like a cottage, so we're up for a week or so, then back home for a short period, then return. I left the electric on, with the refer on AC and the Fantastic Fan set to activate if the temp gets too high (shades drawn). Slides left out and main awning in. Gas and water off, turn off water heater, and relieve the pressure in the plumbing. Drain/flush tanks and leave sewer connected.