30 amp to 50 amp

bwinters

Can the North Trail 21FBS 2010 model be upgraded from a 30 amp to a 50 amp? This way the circuit breaker would not trip so often? If so, how much trouble is to "upgrade" and who could do the "upgrading"?

Thanks,

Billy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can the North Trail 21FBS 2010 model be upgraded from a 30 amp to a 50 amp? This way the circuit breaker would not trip so often? If so, how much trouble is to "upgrade" and who could do the "upgrading"?

Thanks,

Billy

Probably better to figure out why your 30A breaker is tripping in the first place. Could be a short or a faulty breaker. Easy enough to replace the breaker (with another 30A), but changing the system to 50A may require rewiring (heavier guage wire) from the outside shore connector to the breaker panel, as well as buying a 50A cord and plug-in. The last two items alone will run you a couple hundred $$. Unless you've got a second A/C, or are running 120V items simultaneously that exceed a total of 30A, you should not be tripping the main breaker. If you are in fact drawing more than 30A and tripping the breaker, simply changing to a higher amp breaker without insuring the wiring and components can handle the load may be asking for trouble.

jgallego

I had my previous travel trailer converted to 50 amps from 30. It sure was nice to be able to run the ac and microwave at the same time. Seems like it cost me around $1,500 total.

Jaime

bwinters

Can the North Trail 21 FBS trailer be "upgraded" to a 50 amp from a 30 amp? If so, how much trouble is it to do, what is the estimated cost, and which dealer (in or around Paris, TX) would you reccomment to do the upgrade?

Thanks,

Billy Winters
bwinters@wildblue.net