Camping clubs

Dusty

Hey Guys, or Gals as the case may be.

Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with Resort Parks International?
I am thinking about signing up with them, but have heard so many stories about clubs you cant get out of with out losing an arm and a leg.

Thanks,
Dusty&Linda

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Rpi

Hey Dusty,
My wife and I belong to Thousand Trails membership camping. When you purchase a membership with them you also get a membership to Resort Parks International. While we are young as far as campers go we wanted to get started now while we can afford them so that when we are ready to travel they will be paid for. As for now we use the Thousand Trails every weekend because there is a campground 15 minutes from us. There are a couple of RPI parks close too but their restrictions for how many times in one year you can use them and this 125 mile radius from where you live rule I don't much care for. If you travel alot from place to place then that rule may not be a problem for you. Anyway, so far we have been doing this for 3+ years and are very happy.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
WE are 1000 Trails members and really enjoy it. If you like where their campgrounds are and don't mind some older campgrounds it could be for you. we had RPI for a year and we did have trouble getting into a campground that we wanted to go to outside Yuma. We settled for one in Lake Havasu. We were given an undesrialbe site right beside the road. In the morning we had to demand a new site because aking did not work. We let RPI drop the next year. We might pick it up some time later if we travel outside 1000 Trail areas.
Rand

Dusty

RV clubs

Thanks for the infor everyone, reckon I will try it for a while.

Wayne&Linda
2002 F250d
2006 Bighorn 3500R
2 Border Collies that dont know they are dogs.

Allgyer1

Looking for a Campground in Champaign, IL

The wife are taking a trip thru the mid west and will be staying a couple of nights in Champaign, IL. We are wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to a campground in the area.:)

J-W&E

We have stayed at Clinton Lake near Dewitt Illinois. It is an army corp of engineers lake. It was very nice with big sites. Several sites can be reserved. We are planning on going back again.

We have also stayed at Rantoul, illinois at a park called Prairie Pines. This park was created from the trailer park from a closed air force base. It had very large sites, all had 50 amp service with water and sewer. There were nice shade trees. It was run by the city or county. We will go back there again too. The cost was $20 a night.​

2 da wds

There are 2 campgrounds in Mahomet right near Champaign. Tin Cup and Sportsmans something or other. Stay away from both Wal-Mart would be better. Clinton lake is nice and has a few full hook-ups. We are going to have to check out Prairie Pines, hadn't heard of it.

Cooper

Sunset Shores RV Park

Sunset Shores at lake Conroe in Conroe Tx. is one of the nicest places I have ever been. The sites are right on the lake and its quite.

svd

Choice Camping Inc.

Is anyone a member of "choice camping"? They advertise in Trailer Life and a few other magazines. You can purchase a 1, 5 or 10 year membership. I have called them, but have not gotten a real person, only an answering machine. They did send out info quickly.