Vents in garage area.

trvlrerik

Has anybody had experience traveling with the garage pop out louver vents open in rain? And if I pull with the vents open and leave the door open into the living area will it help keep the camper from getting so hot. I am getting ready to pull across Texas in the heat, so any input will be appreciated.

truknutt

Committed Member
Open the side vents to the rear (air will enter the front one and exit the rear one to remove gas fumes) and if you have roof vent covers then by all means open them.

If you have to travel with the entry/walk-thru door open, just make sure it is secured well 'cause it gets violent back there!!

Last edited:

Loco

We run our Genset on trips so we can run AC inside for the critters! It does not burn much gas. Plus the rig is cool when we pull in to camp grounds.

trvlrerik

I have not thought about running the generator, do you have to do anything special to the battery charger or inverters if the generator is running, and it is hooked up to the truck electrical?

redwing

We traveled thru some intense rain a week or so ago coming back from Colorado, hard rain from Western border of Kansas all the way to Dodge City, had both vents open in garage and didn't get any water inside. Be sure to open to the rear.

porthole

Retired
Those two vents in the garage on opposite side walls, upper and lower are only there for cross flow ventilation for fumes. They will not do anything to keep the forward half of your coach cool.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We run our Genset on trips so we can run AC inside for the critters! It does not burn much gas. Plus the rig is cool when we pull in to camp grounds.

Ditto! :D

I have not thought about running the generator, do you have to do anything special to the battery charger or inverters if the generator is running, and it is hooked up to the truck electrical?

Nope. :)