Flair Industries = Bad News

circusbear

We had a small cut on our air matress in our couch also. I just fixed it myself but it looks like this is a problem with our model of trailer/couch. Let me know if you get anywhere with you replacement as i'm not getting anywhere with ours.......

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had just the opposite feeling about Flair after the rally in Goshen. We had a problem with both of the recliners in our trailer and they had a technician come by to check them out. One (mine) he fixed in the trailer and the other (Wife's) he had to take back to the shop to repair a small tear in the material on the front. He brought the chair back the next day, repaired and good as new.

Theresau

I'm very concerned about this as we will be using the sofa bed quite a bit.

Can a non-air mattress be used instead?

Air mattress

We are on our third air mattress for the couch.
First one was replaced by the dealer under warrenty the second replaced by Flair at the Goshen rally.
Flair came out at the rally looked at the mattress and replaced it with a new one. They also showed me how to fold the mattress so the couch frame would be less likely to pinch it.

Jimmyt5

I had a leak in my air mattress that I could not find, called Flair and they said SORRY a new one will be shipped today, received it and it had a tear in it, called and they said REAL SORRY a new one is on the way.
They must have changed their policy.

We're getting ready to pick up a 2009 BC on Friday. Any way we can check for this defect in the sofa frame before we take it home?

Thanks for your posts. We need to know the good and the bad and then do the best we can.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Yes by all means blow up that mattress. Do everything in that rig. Turn on every light, etc....

Good luck and have fun,

jbeletti

It went on a diet Mark. Like I should :)

Actually, I had been working with Flair for a few weeks on creating a sub-forum for them like I've done with ASA and Midwest Sales. This morning I got their approval to proceed.

Once I created the sub-forum, I elected to move a few posts into it.

Jim

itsbeertime

We're getting ready to pick up a 2009 BC on Friday. Any way we can check for this defect in the sofa frame before we take it home?

Thanks for your posts. We need to know the good and the bad and then do the best we can.
Our holes are on the reinforced area of the side right where it folds, the hinge area closest to the foot. The other side already has marks in the exact same place where holes will be soon also. There are 2 really sharp what I want to call "claws", one on each side of the frame at the hinge that dig into the mattress and make the holes. We were rushed through our PDI and never found them until the first time we tried to use it. Make sure you inflate it and inspect and listen for leaks.

jgallego

Mine just starting leaking last night. Only the 2nd night in use. I am thinking of replacing the sofa with a jack/knife type. I don't think an air mattress will work well.

Jaime Gallego

SilverRhino

We are on our third air mattress for the couch.
First one was replaced by the dealer under warrenty the second replaced by Flair at the Goshen rally.
Flair came out at the rally looked at the mattress and replaced it with a new one. They also showed me how to fold the mattress so the couch frame would be less likely to pinch it.

Would it be possible for you to describe the folding method that was suggested to protect the air mattress? Might save some headaches for the rest of us in the future :eek:

jbeletti

We have a lot of documents from Flair in the Heartland Owners Manuals tool. Check up top for HOM under Tools. Then go into Furniture.

Jim