tubing near the front driveside wheel

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I have a 3400rl build date 3/3/06. near the front of the driverside wheel there is a tube (smaller then the white tubes) with a small valve on the end. Does anyone know want this line is connected to? Water drains out sometimes, however seems to be random.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I thought this tube was also a main drain, however if open it does not appear to drain the fresh water tank. Also the tubing is not the same size (smaller) as the other drain tubes.

timk

Have you tried turning the valves to the drain position in the docking station? On ours there is a operate and a drain position. It may very well be draining everyting, but it does drain the tank.
TimK

dieselengineer

Charter Member
yes, if I place the valves in the dock to the drain position water comes out the other white tube under the dock center. That is what I was told is the drain. This tube I am talking about is closer to the wheel and small in size.

timk

Dieselengineer,
I just went out and took off my carpeted panels behind my docking station to see what I could find out for you.

Result....I got no idea. I was wrong about the pex type pipe. Ours has two drain tubes, both are the white rv garden hose type. One is just about under the docking station and one about 6 ft in front of the driver side wheels, its the one with the valve. All I know is that in order to gravity drain my water tank it has to be open. It looks to me like Heartland has used the pex pipe everywhere there is city water pressure and only used the garden type hose for the 12v pump and drain lines.

Im going to shut up now. Maby Scott can help.

TimK

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Hey Scott
Any help with this item. It is the pex type of tubing and is just in front of the off door side wheel. I have a 3400rl unit. Main drain? If so It does not apprear to drain the fresh water tank, maybe just the supply lines is all the water I get out of the line.

Scott

Dieselengineer -
I am going to tell you that depending on the age of the coach, a current Bighorn has a fresh water tank drain line with a vavle on it in the location you describe. But, if you open your valve and not much water is coming out - I am going to tell you that it must be pinched somewhere. That is the only thing I can think of. I think we need to get you into the shop to check it out.

ST