Shower leaking

jmaguire

Has anyone else had the issue of the shower leaking around the door. We have the corner type unit and it leaked badly this weekend when we gave our sons a shower. If there are any fixes out there please let me know.

Pulltab

You basically need to silicone the entire area of each panel including the door and along the bottom of each panel and against the wall. In other words seal every corner. Otherwise you will keep chasing this forever. Do it once and be done with it.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Yes to the above post, but also do a search on this topic, there are others that have felt your pain.

itsbeertime

Have yet to hear of one that didn't leak. Mine leaks in about 8 different places. You would think by now Heartland could hire someone who could caulk.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Have yet to hear of one that didn't leak. Mine leaks in about 8 different places. You would think by now Heartland could hire someone who could caulk.

Well thought I would make your day, mine has never leaked. :D We bought in Sept. '06 and have never had to caulked it ,yet. Excuse me need to run and knock on the oak kitchen table....Kenny

itsbeertime

Well thought I would make your day, mine has never leaked. :D We bought in Sept. '06 and have never had to caulked it ,yet. Excuse me need to run and knock on the oak kitchen table....Kenny
Ok, so now I've heard of one. Chalk up one to no leaks. I've got plenty to go around if you want to borrow a couple. :D

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Ok, so now I've heard of one. Chalk up one to no leaks. I've got plenty to go around if you want to borrow a couple. :D

I truly appreciate folks that like to share , but think I'll pass on this offer. ;) Good luck , hope things get fixed soon and can understand the frustrations. Kenny

CrazyScotsman

I'm with Kenny on this, my shower doesn't leak either. I did at one time think it was leaking, but found out it was the P trap under the bathroom sink, that was loose and doing the leaking. Easy fix that was. It's great having a neighbour who likes to come over and help you, and he ends up doing all the work. :)

azbound

We have owned ours for 18 months and spent 9 months in it and have never had a leak in the shower. I guess that now makes 3. However I agree, caulk the entire shower along the wall and around the bottom. If this is a new trailer take to the dealer and have it fixed under the warranty.

Good luck.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
another 3055rl that has never leaked. had a leak at the kitchen sink ,tightened the tailpiece no more leak

jnbhobe

Our shower has not leaked yet, we're in the second year now. Had a few other leaks but I fixed them. JON :D :D :D

Chris562

I have a 2010 North Country that has leaked from day one. I have taken it back for warranty and they say they have fixed it but to no avail. I have no problem caulking it but I can't get in the edge that's next to the cabinet.

Pulltab

I have a 2010 North Country that has leaked from day one. I have taken it back for warranty and they say they have fixed it but to no avail. I have no problem caulking it but I can't get in the edge that's next to the cabinet.
If you are referring to caulking the outside, there is no real need to do that. You need to caulk all the inside seams, that will stop your leak.

itsbeertime

I've seen where you're not supposed to caulk on top of old caulk, it doesn't adhere. Anyone know if this is really true? I need to fix mine badly. I'm tired of stuffing towels around the base and I can't get to the dealer for quite awhile. I have a tube of silicon.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Mine never leaked at the shower itself. Had a small leak behind the faucet assembly and around the plumbing access hole. We thought it was the shower until I was washing some spilled soap off the faucet assembly and water came out on the floor.

Pulltab

I've seen where you're not supposed to caulk on top of old caulk, it doesn't adhere. Anyone know if this is really true? I need to fix mine badly. I'm tired of stuffing towels around the base and I can't get to the dealer for quite awhile. I have a tube of silicon.
It is certainly best to try to remove as much caulk as possible before redoing. Otherwise it would also start looking like a train wreck topping other caulk :)

itsbeertime

It is certainly best to try to remove as much caulk as possible before redoing. Otherwise it would also start looking like a train wreck topping other caulk :)
Lol! Thanks for brightening my day. :) I'll try that. I stink at caulking, but I can't do much worse than it already is I don't think. I think I've used Goof Off or one of those others like it to remove caulk before. Thank!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a 3055RL that didn't leak and now have a 3370RL and it doesn't leak either. I guess we're living right or the Trailer Gods know how unhandy I am.

Pulltab

Beertime, if you go to a Home Depot in the caulking section they have one of those nifty corner beading tools! It comes with a rubber spatula that has 3 corners of different sizes to make a beautiful corner inside bead! :) seems like it was only a couple of dollars, gotta look close or you will scan right by them. I think when I found mine it was right in front of my face! Actually my wife found it as I completely missed it. It was hanging on the front of the rack on one of the cardboard dealy's

itsbeertime

Hey, thanks for the tip Pulltab. I know what you're talking about. I had already picked up a tube of silicon that doesn't need a gun since the gun is so awkward, especially in the shower. Maybe between the two I can make it look good...and not leak. :)