Great Little CG In Fries, VA

Jim & Harriet

for anyone who wants to "get away" and enjoy some quiet time we can suggest just the campground. http://www.friesrvpark.com/

located off of I-77 (near exit #80 off of I-81) this is a 12 site cg that is within easy walking distance to the new river state park and trail. all sites are level, have full hook-up with 20, 30 or 50 amp service, and include cable and wifi (both with excellent connections.) all for $32/night including tax.

each site looks toward a small stream and has its own picnic area with table and lawn space. the owners keep everything very well maintained. there is room for small and large 5th wheels. we have a 34 foot 2009 sundance 3300sk and had more than enough space.

there is no pool or arcade - but with the trail so close to the cg - we just brought chairs, books and a lunch and spent the afternoon under the hugh shade trees. there is access for kayaks, tubes, etc.

we liked it very much and plan to go back soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudson

Sounds like a fun park. No campfires are allowed though and that is one of our favorite things about camping.

BTW, you might wish to edit your original post to put .com at the end of the CG URL.

Jim & Harriet

we like campfires too, but not having one won't keep us from going back. not sure if they would allow the portable "enclosed" above ground firepits. i'll ask next time.

thanks for the link correction :eek: