Cajun Country Camping

jimtoo

Hi Everyone,

If your just need a little time to relax, fish, kickback and do nothing, with good food places nearby, this is the place if you like Cajun food and great company.

This place was recommended to us by osims and we really like it. Space between sites, all are level, not to shaded, some with concrete slabs, some gravel, good gravel roads. Lots of fish to take your bait, a little far out of town just for overnight to grab some sleep. Very nice cabins, with everything supplied. They are also connected to restaurant and store, smoke house with awesome steaks, boudin, gumbo, and sausage a couple of miles away that has some really great food.

http://www.poches.com/

Jim M

SmokeyBare

Ohhh Jim !

I've got it Marked in my Favorites... Sure do hope we can visit this place on our way south this winter. Dang if it doesn't start my mouth watering for some of their smoked meats... Thanks so much for the information !!

Marv

osims

bsims
Jim
I'm glad you enjoyed Poches we do, we will probably be heading over there in a couple of weeks. I pick up quite a bit of meat at the market on our way home to stock the freezer, plus sweet dough pies and cracklins.
Bill

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Jim- you still in louisiana? If not, you have to call & meet me when you go through lake charles, la. We can eat a meal somewhere. Also make a trip back to tailgate at a mcneese football game. We live in westlake which is across the lake from lake charles. Give me a call, i'm in the book, as kenneth cochran, westlake, la. 337-433-5333.

jimtoo

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the invite, but we went through Lake Charles this afternoon.
We are on our way home a couple of weeks early. Was going to spend a little time in La, but wife's father fell yesterday evening and we need to get home now. He is 99 and not doing to good. Not in hospital, and is refusing treatments, wants to just stay at home.

But we will be back in the not to distant future I hope.

Jim M

SmokeyBare

Jim & Bette,

Karen and I sent our Prayers to Bette's Father...

I hope you both get home in due time... Sounds like he's a Strong Gentleman... having lived 99 Summers... What stories he must have...

God Bless you both and all who Love you.

Marv

Charlie Harris

Poche's

Jim,

We were there on the 27th and 28th. One other Bighorn came in the day before we left, but I did not get a chance to talk to the couple. We were in space one by the pool. While it was too darn hot for me and just the one a/c, I did love the food in the area. We also loaded up the freezer at the market before we headed home. The folks there are very friendly.

Charlie

jimtoo

Hi Charlie,
Your were not at home when we checked in (probably at the market stocking up) and then the next morning your were gone by the time we got moving around. We kinda tend to stay up late and sleep late.

Yep, it was plenty hot and one A/C just will not cut it in those kinda temps.

Maybe next time. If they would just fix the roads in Louisiana, (and a few, but very few, in Texas) it would not be a bad trip over there.

Jim M

jimtoo

Hi All,

An update about Bette's Father. After we returned home, he was not doing good, so we contacted Hospice for help and he was transferred from home to a 24 hour care facility, almost against his wishes, because we could not do the 24 hour care he needed.

He was only in the Hospice care unit about 36 hours when they called. He just could not make it any longer. He passed away yesterday evening, July 8, 2009, at 8:45pm. He was 99 years old and had a great life.

He will be missed by a lot of folks.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Bette & Jim; We are so sorry to hear of the passing of Bette's father; It sounds like he was a great person, You spoke so highly of him. I'm sure he will be missed by many people. Our deepest sympathy goes to you and your family. God Bless you. Patti & Jon

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Samantha and I wish to extend our condolences to you and your family.

99 years. God blessed Bette's dad with a long life. May He comfort you now.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are sorry to hear about Bette's father passing. I know it tugs at your heart. Please take solace that yall are in our prayers and may he rest in peace. God bless.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jim & Bette our thoughts and prayers are with you in this sad moment in life. We know he will be greatly missed but the memories will last forever. May God Bless......Ken & Kathy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bette and Jim, so sorry to hear of your loss. It is always a sad time, but take comfort in knowing that he is in a peaceful place now. Our prayers are with you.
Peace
Dave and Mary

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim and Bette,
We are sorry for the loss of Bette's father but he is in a better place now.

jbeletti

Jim,

We are so sorry to hear about Bette's daddy. Very sad. So sorry for your loss.

We were in a taxi last night around midnight and I had just mentioned to Nancy "I wonder how Jimmie's daddy-in-law is doing". Just then, I looked at my in-box and the first message was yours with this news.

I'll call you later today friend.

Jim