4wd Dodge 3500 Owners?

J_A_Wolfe

Our truck is pretty high. We are getting a Shenandoah. Anyone else have this setup? We're wondering about hitch height and how the trailer rides behind the lashup.
Thanx,
Jim

Pulltab

I have the 4wd Dodge an 07 but we tow a bighorn. Top of my hitch plate is about 3" below the bed sides, gives us enough clearance under the overhang to allow for pitch and keep the RV level.

beardedone

Beardedone
I have the 08 3500 dually and I thought it was a little high. I had the spacers removed from the spring block and that dropped it about 1.5 inches and gives me some extra room.

khalsey

We have a 1996 Dodge 2wd 3500 dulley so no problem with hitch height but wanted to let you know that the pin weight of our Shennandoah is 4200 lbs. I had the rig weighed at the Goshen rally last month.

SilverRhino

We have an '01 3500 dually 4 X 4.......great clearance and no porblem with our new Big Country. The 5er we just traded in, not a Heartland, needed to have the axle mounts flipped in order to give us the needed clearance. This set up was a real pain when setting up......lots of blocks....high first step etc. Make sure you have at least 4 - 5 inches of clearance at the highest point. When we were shopping for our new 5er, I back the truck up to various brands to check for clearance.....much better than just trying to measure! Just my opions.