One step closer to a 3010

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Yes we do! In celebration, we watched the DVD which I must say I was very impressed with.
I am so excited about this new addition to our family and our first big trip will be with all our new friends here at the PA Rally!!!
Thanks go out to my Hubby Duane for all the work he has done getting us a great toyhauler which will meet all our needs!

porthole

Retired
Contact Heartland. They are DVD copies of the videos (2) that are on the web site (that do not work correctly)

porthole

Retired
Well coming off the line July 13th now means coming off the line July 20th ....................................

iforget

Well coming off the line July 13th now means coming off the line July 20th

????????????????
I am glad you didnt just leave for the trip to pick it up as you would not have been a happy camper. That messes up your vacation plans and I hope it all works out now. How/Who made the error in giving you the first date?

porthole

Retired
Trailer is at the service center, finishing the options and whatever they normally do when it comes in from the plant.

Truck is loaded and planing on heading out Wednesday morning, providing there are no SNAFU's on Tuesday.

iforget

One step closer and half way there

Duane left New Jersey at 4:30 am this morning on his way to pick up our new Cyclone 3010! He called me at lunch to tell me that I would not have enjoyed the ride as the roads are very bumpy and lots of construction going on.

I knew I would not be able to make the ride but still feel a bit sad about not being there with him.

He will be busy going over it and making his "guy" adjustments and notations as needed. I look forward to having her home in the driveway this week.

I am sure we will hear from him soon.

Yeah!! I love spending our retirement $$$.
Porthole's favorite Wife
Deb

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Deb, that's great. :cool: Looks like you'll be camping the PA Rally! Yahoo!!!!!!!!! Let us know when Duane gets her home. Maybe we can camp the shakedown trip with you guys!

porthole

Retired
Well - I'm here - spending the first night in the trailer in the parking lot of RV Capital Service.

Trailer seems very nice, looks to be an excellent match for the 2500HD crew cab short bed. it doesn't "look" "overpowering" with the truck hitched up. The pin box is mounted far enough forward the the sliding hitch may not have been needed - but we'll see when I try and back into the driveway.

Some things are not done yet - some things were not hooked up at the plant. Overall fit and finish looks good, but it was a little dreary when I got here.

There is a definite shortage of 110 outlets in the coach and none by the couch-table. Laptop will not last long with out a "wire"!

Pin weight was surprisingly lighter then I expected.
No load in garage, full water, full propane, genny and washer dryer in the nose and the pin weight is 2500.

MorRyde was here yesterday and installed a MorRyde pin box (Heartland never got back to me about a Trailair pin box - you snooze - you lose).

I am a little disappointed that the rear awning did not get ordered in time and that swapping out the 3 step entry for 4 step entry is turning into a costly option instead of a swap.

Oh - and it is warm and muggy here and the 2nd AC was a good option.:D

porthole

Retired
2nd pic shows how far back the frame is from the nose of he pin box

Attachments

• D30_4360_small.JPG
    D30_4360_small.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 47
  • D30_4364_small.JPG
    D30_4364_small.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 47
  • D30_4369_small.JPG
    D30_4369_small.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 50

rtataryn

"Pin weight was surprisingly lighter then I expected.
No load in garage, full water, full propane, genny and washer dryer in the nose and the pin weight is 2500."

What method did you use to measure pin weight? I unhitched on dual scales and subtracted hitched truck weight to unhitched truck weight. I measured 2660 lbs pin on my empty 3010. No garage load, no fluids or fuel, no W/D, full propane, genny, single 12V battery in forward compartment. Total unit dry weight was 12,200 - a full 700 lbs over brochure weight. GVWR is 14K, so that unexpected extra 700 lbs hurt a bit, knocking legal CCC down from 2,500 to only 1,800.

Yianni

Thanks for all the great updates.
Glad you finally made it. Let us know about the slider hitch, if needed or not and I thought a second air was not available on the 3010.
Congratulations and have a good trip home.

porthole

Retired
On a block of wood sitting on the rails for the hitch

http://www.sherline.com/lm.htm

Have not weighed the trailer yet. Haven't found the decal that is supposed to be on a cabinet door either.

"Pin weight was surprisingly lighter then I expected.
No load in garage, full water, full propane, genny and washer dryer in the nose and the pin weight is 2500."

What method did you use to measure pin weight? I unhitched on dual scales and subtracted hitched truck weight to unhitched truck weight. I measured 2660 lbs pin on my empty 3010. No garage load, no fluids or fuel, no W/D, full propane, genny, single 12V battery in forward compartment. Total unit dry weight was 12,200 - a full 700 lbs over brochure weight. GVWR is 14K, so that unexpected extra 700 lbs hurt a bit, knocking legal CCC down from 2,500 to only 1,800.

porthole

Retired
Thanks for all the great updates.
Glad you finally made it. Let us know about the slider hitch, if needed or not and I thought a second air was not available on the 3010.
Congratulations and have a good trip home.

Second A/C is not on the available options list (excluded)

I have it

Slide out awnings are not on the option list

I have those too.

Rear electric awning is not on the option list

I am very disappointed this did not happen, and an awning was not ordered in time for me to have it installed post production at the service center.

rtataryn

"Haven't found the decal that is supposed to be on a cabinet door either."

There is no cabinet door decal. It's on the outside of the fifth wheel, off door side at the front, by the propane tank door.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
"Haven't found the decal that is supposed to be on a cabinet door either."

Hey Duane,

You talking about the one that lists all the 800 numbers you call call? You get a copy of it on the main Heartland RV site and I think Jim B. also posted it on here somewhere. Mine didn't have one either.