PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Jack Crank Handle

rick_h
07-01-2009, 10:32 PM
We just picked up our M18 today, One peeve of mine is the crank handle is about 3 inches too short. At the front if it is all the way in it scraps against the convex front of the trailer. At the back it hits when a license plate is mounted.

I am going to have to cut it and weld a piece in to extend it.

Other than on other issue we are quite pleased with it.

Larry77
07-16-2009, 04:12 PM
This is a pretty silly issue for the factory to create...I don't weld so do you think I could buy one longer?

I have also used a cordless drill that my buddy swears by...it worked fine but I don't really want to worry about keeping it charged.

kampfirekid
07-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't mess around. Call Heartland direct. Ask for the warranty department. Talk to the head there and explain the problem. I am CERTAIN they are working on it, or will be soon. I'll bet they ship you a longer handle or will ship one as soon as they have the redeisigned handle available. I have been working with Heartland on some warranty issues with our North trail and they really are interested in what their customers have to say.

Ray LeTourneau
07-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Maybe as a temporary measure, a 3/4" socket with a long extension? Maybe even on a speed wrench.

Smittys27BHS
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Hmmm, my jack crank handle works fine with no clearance issues. I donít use it though, I use a small impact cordless drill with a 3/4 socket.

rick_h
07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Just an update.

I contacted Heartlands service dept. and they are investigating. They are also sending me a new handle.

Zeman
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Build date of 5/2009--same issue with my M-22--crank handle too short--will contact Heartland.

RonBB
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
When I took my M 18 back to the dealer to repair some issues after my first camping trip they swapped out the crank for a longer one they had in their accessory area. I checked to make sure it was long enough but have to say I normally only use the battery powered drill and a socket.