Window heat shield insulation

soilmovers

This product works great on the windows for blocking heat and UV rays.
It's similar to windshield sun shades but better. It's sold by the yard and you cut to size with scissors.
A good way to protect the RV while in storage but we use it on the west side windows to block the hot afternoon sun. Texas sun is brutal and I noticed a huge difference, the air conditioner doesn't run as much.

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&did=19&product_id=1442#desc

Cindy

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I've used the solar screen on all of my rv windows on my last rig. Have not had time to put them on my bighorn yet. I also just bought some 2" foil on one side styrofoam board from lowes to put on the big back window. It really knocks the heat out.

skyguy

Similar product at Home Depot. A 10 foot X 4 foot roll $22.00. About $7/yard. Works great!! We use small velcro pieces to tack it up.

soilmovers

Similar product at Home Depot. A 10 foot X 4 foot roll $22.00. About $7/yard. Works great!! We use small velcro pieces to tack it up.

What department at Home Depot did you find it?

I didn't have to use the velcro. If you cut the product a little bigger and push it into the frame it holds tight.
I use this in all of our equipment and trucks. It saves the interior.

dugger

What department at Home Depot did you find it?

I didn't have to use the velcro. If you cut the product a little bigger and push it into the frame it holds tight.
I use this in all of our equipment and trucks. It saves the interior.

at my home depot it is with the insulation, foamboard and beadboard. i belive it comes in 4 different sizes: 2'x10' , 2'x25', 4'x10', and 4'x25'. i bought it to shove in my uninsulated garage door panels on my house.

Wharton

I think we bought ours at Lowes, our HD didn't have it. We put j-channel under each window and just slide the foil in and rest it on the j-channel. We use a 2" length of j-channel every 18" or so.............We found velcro wasn't a reliable solution.

ElkStalker

I did the same in my last camper and it made a HUGE differance. I order my new Cy3010 with dual pane so I will see how that works. I also liked blocking the light with the foil insulation.

Wharton

We carry the foil for the windows with us in case we have a high heat problem but our real reason is when we go into storage it gives the trailer a little extra protection from the sun. We just pull up our blinds and shades and put up the foil, we think that will make the strings last longer not being beat up by the sun. Who knows!!!

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
We bought the same stuff at HD, I think in the insulation area. With the way we site in the campsite during the summer, we have it in the Door side bedroom, hallway and the door windows. Sure makes a big difference.

dugger

i took another look at my home depot and they still carry it at my location in all the sizes i posted earlyer plus they had 16" x 25' also.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The solar screen when put on ours works great, looks good and stays on when traveling.

DSC00245.JPGScreen snap.JPGDSC00246.JPG