counter top extensions

sandbox3

Just purchased a sundance 3300rlb -wondering if anyone has found counter top extensions for it? We have the Corian counters, so I guess we have to match it up....Thx!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Your dealer should be able to order one from the factory. If not, try calling Heartland Customer Service.

davebennington

You really do not have to match the existing counter top. The wife did not like the counter top extension from Heartland because it created a ledge, so we put one together using a thick cutting board and brackets from woodworkers supply. If I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Dave

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
On my 2998RB we have the factory conter extension, ordered it from the dealer..... it is a very nice addition, and it matches.

cjbearden

Visitor
Do you really have Corian or is it Hanex? Corian has a gold trademark symbol imbedded in the top somewhere. Hanex does not.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You really do not have to match the existing counter top. The wife did not like the counter top extension from Heartland because it created a ledge, so we put one together using a thick cutting board and brackets from woodworkers supply. If I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Dave
Or you could so something like this and not have a ledge. Brackets from Menards. Although you may not have Menards in your area.

Attachments

• Shelf Mod.jpg
    Shelf Mod.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Shelf Mod 2.jpg
    Shelf Mod 2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 105

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We do not have the Sundance anymore but we had bought a cutting board and by using piano hinges, attached it to the end of the counter. Worked great, and then we upgraded to the Big Country. Ah well :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Beth, These matching counter top extensions came from the manufacturer, Heartland. I suggest you contact a Newmar dealer.

Peace
Dave