Seperate Circuit breaker

bwinters

I have a 2010 FBS North Trail trailer and would like to know if I can have a seperate "Circuit Breaker" installed for the AC only? That way I would not have to worry about "blowing the breaker" when I am using the AC, mircowave, hot water tank, and TV at the same time. If so how much trouble is it to do?

Thanks,

Billy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
bwinters, you should have a separate breaker for the AC right now. If you are talking about blowing the main breaker, it is rated at 30 amps. All individual breakers, including your AC breaker run through the main breaker. So if you want to run all of the things you mentioned you will not be able to do it on 30 amps. All of your North Trail wiring is sized to match the breaker. Well, actually the breaker is sized to protect the wiring. Your shore cable is rated for 30 amp as well. The only way to do what you want is to have your service upgraded to 50 amp.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

wdk450

Blowing the 30 Amp service breaker

Mr. Winters:
As I understand it, a 50 amp service adds a SEPERATE 20 amp, 110 volt service that is wired to the installed 2nd air conditioner wiring. All of the other load is wired (as before) to a 30 amp service. Going to 50 amp shouldn't help with the problems you describe. Here is a helpful link:
http://www.myrv.us/electric/index.htm

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In order to do what you want to do you would have to run a separate 20 amp circuit with a separate 20amp breaker and then plug it into 20 amp service. Our Alfa (previous 5er) was wired that way but your not. I don't know if it would be financially feasible to do what you propose.