Outdoor Porch Light - Where IS SWITCH????

SilverRhino

We are on our first trip with our new BC.......On the door side there is a porch light ( under the awning ), a step light ( under the steps ) and a panic light ( high on front side ). I have been able to turn on all but the porch light. Where or how do I turn that thing on..........feel really stupid but am not able to find a switch anywhere!!!! HELP!!! :confused:

SilverRhino

Are they both on the same switch??? We have a switch for the outdoor step light and an overhead entry light on the first step inside the trailer. ( Two seperate switches )

I thought the porch light would come on with the step light but it doesn 't!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The porxh light switch is inside the cabinet panel with the scare light and overhead living room lights.

Unless they changed since mine was built.
BTW, do you really have a 2350TS:D

bigchief

On my 2009 BC 3250ts the switch for the porch light is in the cupboard with the awning switch, tank levels, electric w/h and fan. There is a group of three switches, on the left is inside ceiling lights, middle is outside scare lights and the last one is for the porch light. Yours could be different.
Hope this helps.

bigchief

SilverRhino

On my 2009 BC 3250ts the switch for the porch light is in the cupboard with the awning switch, tank levels, electric w/h and fan. There is a group of three switches, on the left is inside ceiling lights, middle is outside scare lights and the last one is for the porch light. Yours could be different.
Hope this helps.

bigchief

So from what you described....both outside scare lights are on one switch? I'm going to borrow a ladder in the morning and check the porch light bulb / socket. The center switch in my cabinet has two wires coming to it.....I believe one is the porch light instead of a scare light that is wired to the third switch. Seeings as how the porch light never comes on there must be another problem with it.

porch light

The porch light is one of the rocker switches in the control panel cabinet with your gauges. try checking the light bulb to see if it is burned out. I think that might be your problem.

SilverRhino

Borrowed a ladder this a.m. - bulb was loose in the socket! Sooo now I can turn the light on......it comes on with the road side scare light!!!! I have three switches in my cabinet when, in my opinion, I need four: 1) Coach overhead lights, 2) Porch light, 3) Road side scare light & 4) Door side scare light. I'm going to purchase a switch so that I can wire these lights in a sensible configuration!

I know this is a little thing.....but.....we pay a lot of money to buy "luxury" 5th wheels and I don't think we should have to deal with simple construction errors like these.

Thanks to everyone that reponded with suggestions........love this web site & really appreciate the people on it!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Both of my scare lights are wired together and the porch is on a seperate switch by itself. Easy to do, just pull your 3-way light switch out, get a meter or test light and find out which wires do what. You may have to install new terminal ends.

BTW, behind this panel is a group of about 8 white wires tied together with a wire nut. This is your ground for the meter or test light.

circusbear

OH MAN!!!!
ANOTHER 3250 ts with buggered up light switches. We had the same problem so I had to install another 20 dollar switch to match the ones in the cabnet. There was a thread where others that had the same problem were getting some help from the factory but we are still waiting to hear back from them........

itsbeertime

Mine are wired goofy too. The door side scare light and porch light are on the same switch. Ah...yeah.:rolleyes: Great if you hate your neighbors. I asked my dealer to get a 4 gang switch to replace the 3 gang switch and was told they don't make them.:rolleyes: I called Heartland and asked if I could buy one as I knew Heartland uses them since I've see them and they are sending me one. Thanks Matt at Heartland!

SilverRhino

Mine are wired goofy too. The door side scare light and porch light are on the same switch. Ah...yeah.:rolleyes: Great if you hate your neighbors. I asked my dealer to get a 4 gang switch to replace the 3 gang switch and was told they don't make them.:rolleyes: I called Heartland and asked if I could buy one as I knew Heartland uses them since I've see them and they are sending me one. Thanks Matt at Heartland!

I would really like the switches to match,,,,,,,after your experience I'm going to give Heartland a call and hopefully will be as fortunate as you were.

As I previously stated, this is a small thing, I'm just kind of picky I guess!!

itsbeertime

I would really like the switches to match,,,,,,,after your experience I'm going to give Heartland a call and hopefully will be as fortunate as you were.

As I previously stated, this is a small thing, I'm just kind of picky I guess!!
I'm kind of picky too. It drives me crazy that almost every switch in the cabinet is a different color...white, black, off white, tan, whatever. But on the bright side I guess they are color coded so you don't have to read what switch is for what. :D I hope they take care of you too. It never hurts to ask.

SilverRhino

Thanks so much for your input..........spoke with Steve at Heartland this morning.......quad switch is on it's way via UPS...this afternoon :D

Thank you all....especially......Heartland Service Department rep Steve!!