Sharp TV

Tom of Ypsi

We have a Sharp TV, 32", with Direct TV in our LR and tonight when we turned it on we have no picture. The TV will show the guide, shows the channels and all the info but no picture or sound. When we switch to the antenna everything works great. Our TV in the BR works great on both satellite and antenna. I have attempted to check all connections and they seem good. Any ideas???

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, I have, in the past had simillar problems. I usually just hit the reset button located behind the little door where the access card is located. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, I am missing half my channels.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Tom
I don't know if this might be a problem for you or not, but we have old receivers and only get a few of the PPV channels. Sometimes I have to turn the receiver off to get it to respond. I have a new receiver that has TVO in it and am going to hook it up so we can use it in the living room.

I have never had a problem where I could see guide, info and such. I think this might be a problem if you lost the connection with the Sat.

BC

SmokeyBare

Call the Dish Company... I'm betting it's caused by your Satellite TV Service.

On our DishNetwork... I've had to do all that was suggested above... including a "Hard Boot" by shutting off the Receiver and un-plugging it... then powering up the box and doing a signal scan once again. After all failed... I placed a call to the company... they made Magic happen... probably had me turned OFF for some strange reason.... Grrr...

Good Luck Tom.

Marv

Tom of Ypsi

Bob & Marv thanks for the responses,
We changed the boxes from the BR to the LR with the same results, the LR is not working no matter what box is there. I am guessing that there is a bad cable somewhere between the TV and the receiver but I have to go a buy some new cables. If any one thinks of anything else please let us know.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Tom, run a cable from the bedroom to the living room to verify the cable problem. Make sure the switches on the amplifier are in the correct position.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, If you think the coax may be bad you could also try using a set of a/v cables from the receiver to the TV and set the TV input to AV1 or whichever input you have them in.

Tom of Ypsi

This is just an update and a thanks to all who gave suggestions. I do not do the TV's as I could care less, this is Judy's area but anyways we were trying to program the satellite through our receiver on the digital channel 3.1 not on channel 3. The tv defaults to 3.1 and you have to manually put in channel 3. All is well now and Judy is as happy as a pig in $#*!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Glad to hear Judy can now watch her programs. That allows you to regain your position as official "dog walker":D

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We went and got a hdmi cable, running it to the receiver instead of trying to tune it to a channel. When we want to watch local stations, we change the input from hdmi source to the tv source so that locals can come in from the antenna when we are out of our local dish provider local station coverage area.