slideouts

jaawalke

I am getting ready to go camping and I am cleaning up myBighorn3200rl. I opened up the slideouts to clean them and when I was done the bedroom slide went in ok but the dining room starts to go in thenit stops and all the lights go dim.Can you give me any ideas what is going on .thank you

Wild Wind

The single 24 size battery supplied is not powerfull enough to work the slides without the trailer being pluged in or plugged into the truck (engine running).

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Actually the single battery is capable of operating the slides if fully charged, but it sound like some kind of obstruction causing the slide to stop therefore putting a heavier load on the hydraulic pump which in turn dims the lights.

phranc

I have only the single battery and the slides work OK , So I would vote for an obstruction or some other jam..

timk

You might want to try putting a volt meter on the battery just after running the hydraulics. There is a chart somewhere as to battery state of charge. Might tell you something usefull.
TimK

jaawalke

I have 2 batteries and it was hooked up to 110 volts. The bed slide went in fine. the dinning slide doesn't budge.

timk

Jim,
This is going to sound like I dont think you have a lick of sense, but I don't intend it to. Have you checked your slide valves to see if maby you bumped something into one and closed it??
TimK

jaawalke

That was one of the first things I checked.They are set right. What I had to do was put a jack under the slideout with a block and raise the slideout up about 1/16th of an inch and it would go in with the pump the rest of the way. I brought it out again and it did the same thing so I lifted it again and it went right in. Something is catching when I bring the slide all the way out.I will have to use it like this this weekend.It will have to be fixed.