Awning rooms

sherry3

We have a 2010 Big Horn believe it is a 3670RL, would like to purchase an awning room for outside space. Know what kind I should buy?:p Thank you

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sherry, I don't have any experience with awning rooms but Camping World would be a good place to start. You will need to know the size of your awning and probably information from the labels on the awning as well. Good Luck.

We have a 2010 Bighorn 3670 also. We recently purchased a room with three sides, back part is open that goes against rv and skirted at bottom. This room does not attach to awning. we purchased this from Sportsman Guide.

Bobby A

Awning rooms are nice, but keep in mind that awnings and awning rooms don't do well in high winds. We stay at a campgrounds that seem to be very windy, it gets to be a pain in the behind just taking the awning in and out, let along having to tear down a awning room in a hurry when winds kick up in an instant. My brother in law bought a awning room when he bought his 5th wheel, he has used it once in 5 years because of the wind. Just something to think about.

sherry3

thank you all for your replies. since we plan on full timing i thought this would give us some extra room. thank you for the dyerson website, wondering if you have the same size fifth wheel that i have?! could not find one on the sportsman guide website.

irvin56

Patty-0-room

We have one with the roll down shades for privacy. Great but yes a pain if you have to tear down in a hurry.
If you get one with the privacy shades, it is heavy. Mine is a 12 or 14 or 16 foot long, strap slides into the track on awning.
I only use if in a place for 5 days or more. But they are nice.

I have read from another member that they have a movie night at camp, with their room. as it's darkening when closed up at night Must have a projector hooked to his laptop to play it

John T Bettencourt

Sherry3, keep in mine that the power awning is not as strong as the old manual ones. On landmark I am taking it in a lot because of wind. That is why I would not put a screen room on mine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Consider putting up a screen tent just outside the awning, instead. We put ours up in the spring and leave it up. Handled wind and rain with no problem. We had a screen room that attached to the awning on our pop-up. Nice, but a PITA to put up and take down. With the height of the 5'er awning, and electric, putting a screen room on will be a ladder exercise.