broken steps

fljlcw

just A note for safety 4 days after our warranty ran out on our 09' 3580 I stepped up on the step to enter the rig and the rivets holding them together failed no one was injured and with help from fellow campers we were able to repair them with bolts the thing is we seldom used the steps unless we are going to be at Alocation A short time we use A wood set that I built some time ago you all have A great 4th fred

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Fred,
we do something similar to you but use a portable step/porch from RV EZ Step. We've been using our set for about two years now and love it.

I've noticed several others that use stands under the steps for support. You might want to contact Customer Service about warranty since you said you are 4 days out of warranty..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Fred, thanks for the post. This should serve as a reminder for everyone to inspect and lubricate all of the hinge points on their folding steps. I just finished mine.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Being a fairly good size boy:eek:, I use one of those aluminum camper jacks under the middle step. It works very well and is adjustable to compensate for various ground levels.