3850 inverter

truknutt

Committed Member
Could anybody tell me where the inverter is located.

SAJOHNS,

Do you mean Converter (110 vac to 12 vdc)? While I don't have a 3850, I do have an antique 3210. Easiest way for me to locate the converter was to look in the cargo hold/basement. There was a metal vent on the wall (mine is located on the wall which happens to be right behind the circuit breaker/power distribution panel).

Hope this helps.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Differences are: Inverter converts 12 volt power to 120 volt power; Converter converts 120 volt power to 12 volt power. Our coaches do not come standard with an inverter, they do come with a converter. The converter serves a dual purpose of charges the battery and converts 120 volts power to 12 volt power.

PUG

Pug
Converter charger

My charger is located behind the black felt wall in the bsmt. Had to undo all screws and remove complete panel. It is on the door side. It is acdtually a fancy charger. Mine went kapoof so the manufacturer went me a new one and i reinstalled it. I used a regular battery charger to keep batteries up until i got it in. I have a 3950. Manufactuer had a little plug in module that lets you know what the charger is doing that you run wire to up in the house.

SAJOHNS

Thanks for the help I'll look behind the wall when I get home today. The reason for the original question was: running off of generator power, lost generator and the only thing on were a few lights when the generator stopped the lights got dim. Buddy with fuzion said he had that problem before and it was a fuse on his inverter.