Samsung TV

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had something very weird happen to us today. Very early this morning, I turned the television off, as usual. When DW woke up she tried to turn it back on and nothing happens. Neither the Dish network remote nor the original Samsung remote will turn the TV on. I tried the button on the front of the TV and nothing.....I checked the cables behind the television and all are tight.

Has anyone had anything like this happen or have any ideas what may be wrong?

Delaine and Lindy

We haven't had that problem, we have 4 Samsungs. I would unplug everything for a couple of minutes and see what happens. Seems like I remember reading about a re-set button not sure. Good Luck. GBY....

Tom of Ypsi

Jay,

We are having a very similar problem with our Sharp TV and Direct TV:confused:. I am thinking a cable went bad but I do not know which one. You might try doing what was suggested to me, push the reset button on your box and if this does not work try unplugging your Dish box for 1 minute then plug it in then pull the ID card in the box and put it back in. Hope this helps for you. We still do not have satellite in the LR so we are stuck watching your favorite programs, Donut Chasers (COPS):) on the antenna TV.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check to see if the wall outlet in the slide has power to it. If not check out the junction box under the slide. (kill the power first)

jayc

We know that there is power to the television and to the Dish box. I will try to unplug everything and see what happens. I looked for a reset button but didn't see one.

osims

bsims
Jay
I don't know about the TV, but the reset on Dish box is the power button. Push it in and hold for 10 seconds and it resets.
Bill

Paul & Nan

We had this with our Samsung. Call the number in your paperwork for Samsung, they will note your problem and put you in touch with the repair person closest to you. In our case 5 minutes away. It was and easy fix, and handled quickly. If I remember it was a power module. Nan

jayc

Bill-I tried to reset the Dish remote but that didn't work.

Paul and Nan-thanks for the info, guess I'll be on the phone with Samsung tomorrow or Monday.

Theresau

For sure this is a TV problem - if a satellite/receiver problem, TV would still start and indicate no satellite coverage.

There is usually a small red light in the lower right hand corner when the TV is off that turns to green (I have 2 Samsung HD LCDs at home...) - is that lit and is it turning green when you turn it on?

Here is an article on the internet about Samsung not turning on.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=318076

jayc

Joe and Theresa, thanks for the info. There is a small red light in the on/off button on the front of the tv but it doesn't turn green. The tv makes a sound when it comes up too and that isn't present. I will call Samsung in the morning but my question is, will they send someone out to fix it under warranty? I just bought the trailer in January, so its covered by my Heartland warranty but I may have to take it to a dealer and let them handle it.

It sucks to be without a tv all day long.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jay, I don't think Heatland will do anything but replace the TV. But you could probably take the TV out and take it to an authorized service center for that make of TV. I would not see a need to put the whole RV in the shop for the TV unless you need other repairs.

jayc

Well, to update everyone on the tv problem, I spoke with the service writer at Camping World Katy this morning with my problem. After much discussion we have worked it out for me to bring the trailer in next Tuesday and it will be checked out Wednesday. If the tv is bad they will order a new one which should take a week or so and I will return to have it reinstalled.

CrazyScotsman

Good luck getting your TV squared away at Camping World, I would rather let a kindergartner work on anything before I would CW, after the little episode I had with them trying to get fridge working properly.
just my 2 cents worth

jayc

Ken,
I'm bringing it in so CW can make sure its the tv thats faulty and not something in the trailer making it fail. When they determine that its the television, they will order a new one for us. I just hope I live that long without DW being able to watch her shows.

Theresau

Is the TV totally enclosed? I suggest when fixed/replaced that you pull it out some when turned on - from what I've read this problem can be caused by overheating.

We keep our glass doors open in our home entertainment center because our satellite DVR is always running and it gets very hot. Our TV is in the open similar to the way the 3410RE entertainment center.

Theresa

jayc

Theresa, thanks for that information. I'll keep it in mind when we get it fixed.

jayc

Well, here's the latest on the saga of the television. Originally we talked Camping World into giving us a "loaner" TV, a Dynex brand of the same size screen as the Samsung. I was told specifically that they would be in contact with Heartland Service to learn whether a new TV would be sent by Heartland, my TV would be sent to a repair shop, or CW would just go out and buy a 32" Samsung of the same model as mine and that we would return to get our TV back.

After waiting almost 3 weeks, we called today and were told that we will just be given this off-brand Dynex TV instead of getting another Samsung. I know nothing about the brand and frankly have never heard of it. It may be as good as the Samsung, I just don't know. I do know Heartland furnished me a Samsung, which is a known brand that I am familiar with, not something Camping World bought and stuck in there. It doesn't quite fit in the opening like the Samsung did, but it works and seems to be an okay television.

The Samsung quit working after six months of service, so maybe I should try the Dynex, maybe it will last a year.....twice as long!

K

karkate

Hi..
Call the number in your paperwork for Samsung, they will note your problem and put you in touch with the repair person closest to you. In our case 5 minutes away. It was and easy fix, and handled quickly. If I remember it was a power module.
@@amazinglineup@@
---------
karkate
---------

jayc

There are two problems with that, first of all the television is out of warranty through Samsung because it is over one year old. The Samsung warranty car be done by Heartland by showing when I bought the trailer and that it has only been in service since January 2009.

The second problem is that Camping World has the TV and has "given" me an off brand Dynex. I have no idea where the television is right now.