Grand Canyon pad site...How big????

Midastouch

I am making preparations to have a concrete slab poured for the coach ... I had planned on a 20 x 40 but may want to cut my costs some and go narrower and maybe shorter. How wide do I need a slab to accomodate the coach comfortably and possibly allow for a little patio off the door side?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't have the unit yet but want all this done when I get it home and park it! I have marked out the spot for the coach, but really need to decide what I can get by with before hauling in dirt and laying out a form for concrete.

What would you do .... I want to be as cost efficient as I can!

fulltimer

Lynne

I measured my Grand Canyon last night. With the slides out you would need 15'X40'. This would give you a little extra room on all four sides. With the slides in you could get by with 10'X40'. You could always pour a 5'X5' slab of the big slab for the door. Where about do you live? In lieu of concrete you could do something with recycled crushed concrete or a stone base couruse material that they use on road projects.

Fulltimer

Midastouch

Update on my Grand Canyon site:

After much discussion and the scary numbers that went along with a concrete slab, I opted for a load of clay/sand mix and a load of SB2 gravel which sets up great as it has some concrete in it. I ended up with a nice pad approximately 15 X 40. I also placed treated 6 x 6 x 8 posts along the sides to keep it from washing out. It looks pretty good and after the unit is here, I think we are going to put a wooden deck out off the door side for chairs and the grill. I'm out on about an acre of nice pasture with 3 sides wooded, so I think I'll be happy!;) Within the next 2 weekends, the water line, 50 amp service and sewer line to the existing septic will be run. We head to Knoxville 1st week of September and arrive back home around the 12th ... where the Grand Canyon will be parked and at rest for awhile .... with me in it! Can't wait!:D